Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps pausing

Spotify keeps pausing

I'm on a Chromebook using the webplayer and with every song it pauses after about 20 to 30  seconds every time. If you skip forward in the song it plays again for another 30 seconds or so then pauses again.

On my Mac Spotify is running fine so looks like a Web Player thing.

24 Replies

i have the same problem when i'm running spotify on my iphone and want to stream to my Raumfeld Speakers S. Songs pause usually after 10 to 60 sek. everything is fully updated, quite annoying...

Hi - I am seeing exactly the same behaviour on my Yamaha receiver.

See here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Yamaha-AV-Receiver-Spotify-Connect-Rando...

Spotify have obviously changed something 😞

Hi similar issue here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Yamaha-AV-Receiver-Spotify-Connect-Rando...

Spotify have obviously changed something as this has just started happening 😞

Same issue on two Spotify Connect devices (Gramofon and Panasonic SC-ALL9) and have friends who have the same.

Unsure we I can report it. Any clues?

Having this issue on my Samsung Sound bar when streaming to it, happens if I stream via Mac desktop and Pixel 2 phone, it's terrible. Will pause after a few songs randomly then just need a complete app close and repairing. What is the issue Spotify? 

Same issue as mentioned in the Yamaha dedicated topic

Have they said if they're going to bother to look into it?

So frustrating.

I have a problem streaming to allplay speakers. Spotify will just pause.when I press play it moves to the next track then pauses again. I have logged out of all sessions, reinstalled Spotify and Panasonic music streaming app.. still does it but never on other speakers. Spent hours on help chat with Spotify but nothing work. Very frustrating 

some problem for me on with spotify connect on samsung multiroom speakers ...

hope spotify fix this issue fast

During the last days, maybe a few weeks, I cannot playe spotify on my Panasonic All3 speaker. I can dot via other apps. ALL3 speaker shows up in Spotify but will not start playing. 
Any ideas why?

Hey @ckurir,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

You can try to reset the speaker to factory settings, after that check if there are any firmware updates on the manufacturer's website and install those.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

But the speaker works well, when i play from other apps.

But i can try to reset one of the days.

Hey @ckurir,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

We appreciate the time you're taking following the troubleshooting steps. Let us know if the reset does the trick or if the issue is still persistent.

We'll be on the lookout for your next response.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It does not work after reset

Hey @ckurir

Thanks for getting back to us.

We'd recommend restarting your router to check if that makes the difference. If it doesn't do the trick, we suggest trying with a different network, for example creating a hotspot on your phone and using that. 

On another note, could you try again connecting your speakers to a different device such as a different phone or a PC? 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

It does not work with PC and Spotify. But it does work with other apps than Spotify.

Eg the Panasonic app and Tidal.

Hi there @ckurir

Thanks for your reply. 

Just to confirm, have you already tried with a different internet connection? 

On another note, we'd like to know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update. 

Keep us in the loop.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I hav enow reset speaker again, different network/access point.

Tried via Android and PC.

Same problem. I can choose the speaker in Spotify app, but it will not start playing.

It works well if I play local files on phone via the Panasonic App og with TIDAL/Panasonic APP

I tried also via LAN connection to speaker.

Another input I just remembered to the problem.

Before Spotify stopped completly to accept my SC-ALL3 speaker (a few weeks ago) there were a podcast that could not be played via the speaker, but other songs had no problem. So I thought there maybe was an issue with copyright, or something.

This podcast did not play on the speaker before: https://open.spotify.com/show/64XZg5Fd4SYiwu4QKwWhmx?si=6f217848f1e14258

So maybe there are some settings Spotify need to set on the content?

Suggested posts