Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify podcasts not allowing Apple Map prompts to come through BT audio in car

Spotify podcasts not allowing Apple Map prompts to come through BT audio in car

Premium

Country US

Device

iPhone 13 Pro / 2013 Subaru Forester Stereo (Stock)

iOS 15.7

Spotify is not allowing audio voice prompted mapping directions through my Bluetooth speaker in my vehicle when playing podcasts. I am putting this under the podcast questions because for some reason, this is ONLY happening with podcasts. I tried this with music, and everything worked as normal. My mapping directions took priority over my music audio. I can’t understand why this problem would exist or think of any way to fix it. When I’m playing a podcast via Bluetooth on my car’s stereo and voice prompts for Apple Maps need to play as well, everything is muted, podcast and Apple Map audio. Everything just goes silent and then the little mute symbol on my stereo flashes. Then once the prompt is over the podcast audio comes back on.

I experienced this problem with both Apple Maps and Google Maps. 

I believe this is an issue on Spotify’s end as I tried podcasts on another app - iHeartRadio and did not experience this problem. I was able to hear my Apple Maps prompts through Bluetooth on my stereo which automatically overrides the podcast audio.

I’ve already uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I can’t find any setting on my phone’s end or on Spotify’s end that have anything to do with microphone use. These are the two solutions I’ve seen already on this topic.

I would really like to be able to listen to a podcast while I drive and have audio prompts on Apple Maps work as well, kind of a big problem!

Thank you for any solutions you may have.

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

2 Replies

Exact same issue. Drives me crazy. 2014 Mazda 6 connected via Bluetooth 

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. Apologies for the delayed reply, we just came across this thread.

Just to confirm, is this happening only when you're listening to podcasts via Bluetooth or when you're using a cable too?

On another note, we suggest that you check if the OS of your phones is up to date. Additionally, it's well worth running a clean reinstall of the app to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

We'll be on the lookout for your replies. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts