Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Subtitles issue with the Joe Rogan podcast

Subtitles issue with the Joe Rogan podcast

Hi, so I've experienced this weird issue for a while now but it seemingly became worse recently and is very annoying.

Here's what happens : when I start playing a video from the Joe Rogan podcast the subtitles almost never show up, at this point it's maybe 1 every 20 videos.  Now when the subtitles finally show up they're also available for the other videos, but obviously I don't want to start 20 episodes before I can watch the one I want to watch...

I'm on a windows 10 laptop and the same issue was occuring on my previous windows 7 laptop.

48 Replies

Do we have an update on the progress of the solution for this issue? I've been “subtitles unavailable” for JRE episodes 1921–latest episode (1933 as of when I’m typing this).

Hoping that there is a prompt solution. Navigating accessibility challenges haven’t been easy for these episodes. Thanks in advance for your attention.

I’m running the latest versions of the app on the latest versions of the respective operating systems for iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Been experiencing this issue with the app and web player on all of the mentioned devices.

Cheers!

Still no subtitles since episode #1921... The other issue about the missing episodes seems to have been fixed, so hopefully the subtitles will also be back soon (except of course if these two issues were actually unrelated).

@spotify any reply?

Issue is resolved on all of the devices and applications that I've mentioned, above. 

Thank you to the staff who played a role in addressing this!

This issue still seems to be happening - any resolutions???

It's resolved for me as well, thanks.

The solutions provided remind me of when I call my internet service provider and they tell me to unplug the router from the power source and wait 60 seconds and plug it back in before another 10 other things that I have already done and make me feel like a fool lol

like is this happening only on one device? how old should device be in order not to receive captions?

or do you have this issue with other podcasts? it's live caption why would that make a difference? is this part of Joe Rogan cancellation? hah

and then there's the idea of creating a new account.. why should live captions have any issue with any particular account? I mean what kinda DISCRIMINATION is that???

comes back "I did this and I did that but not the other" which is using a different device..

comes the solution provider: Did you not hear me say use a different device you blah blah blah.... ??? (if you are and your family is so poor that don't have another device available "try maybe a friend or relative's mobile".. which btw that proves your one device is definitely old... you F C

-oh this is unexpected

-we like to investigate DEEPER :))

-screen recording?

-it's definitely your end..

-what spotify version?

-as well as your OS version DETAILS!

-let us know we keep an eye for your reply.. not 2 just one.. definitely no ear.. and under no circumstances do we put any brain or any other effort to it..

repeating the same krap all over again and oh my god I can't believe they are asking to restart the router to make the DIFFERENCE!!!! WHAT THE duck IS GOING ON HAHAHA..

now here we go again

-does same happen on your phone?

-could you use different internet connection to see if issue persist? OR IS IT JUST US PERSISTING ON NOT DOING ANYTHING TO SOLVE YOUR ISSUE? or maybe we're just resisting on doing anything to solve the issue? which do you think that is huh?

-using a different connection would be connecting to another WIFI

(like oh no duckin way what else?)

-it may be Firewall blockage

-IT'S WORTH????? removing hosts file following these (a link to some other time wasting krap instead of providing any solution) steps

-lastly(thanks lord they have felt there's been a pile of krap thrown in already) your image setting are set to high contrast... turn off and check for difference... (WHAT THE DUCK DOES HIGH CONTRAST ON IMAGE SETTING HAVE TO DO WITH CAPTIONS??? I'M STARTING TO CRYYYYY)

-now check to see if the icon YOU'VE BEEN USING FOR A MONTH NOW TO TRIGGER CAPTIONS THEN SKIP ALL THE WAY TO THE EPISODE YOU WANT is visible or not

-and when you did it wouldn't matter because we're not gonna believe you so send us a screen recording so we can see that you're not lying because even if you're not at work like we are, and are not looking for ways to do nothing and get paid by wasting the whole world's time, you might still be a psychopath and are just trying to make a fool out of yourself and us by bringing up this problem.. although there are others who have commented before on this thread about the same problem..

-at last screw you all we don't give a damn about you and you problems.. why would you even wanna listen to Joe Rogan? why not watch The View instead???

will somebody tell these people that if someone has access to everything you're asking for available to them that someone would also be able to purchase Spotify altogether and fire your asses?? or maybe instead make a better app and website than yours?? or how about that someone at that level wouldn't need to be listening to anything on your site in the first place anyways??

HAHAHAHAHA @Analord @Alex409 @tamkislo @justnoww I bet if this issue was brought up about a woke podcast Spotify would send you all brand new 2022 devices with 12 months of free 1G internet that would provide you with Subtitles in Gold color...

well dear Spotify IT guess what? I have a top of the line premium lenovo laptop and fiber optic internet connection... very fast voohoo... and even I don't have Subtitles.. oh and by the way I have already restarted my Router :)) and everything else you can try throwing at me.. it's not us it's you.. fix the problem how about it???

what I'm dealing with here is just utterly mind-boggling and stupid.. there's no subtitles on the website but when I installed the app it provided it but then I wanted picture in picture but the app doesn't provide that.. went back to the web to see if now I can have Subtitles since I have it on the app specially that going back and forth I noticed when one is on and I click play it plays the sound and tells me the video is playing on the other, but still no Subtitle although picture in picture is available...

I just don't get it.. The web version provides picture in picture but no Subtitles and the app version which is literally the same just appears separately on a different frame than the web, provides me with Subtitles but no picture in picture...

What kind of mind phuckery is that??

and why do you **bleep** abbreviation of oh my god ??? I don't understand...

I had no subtitle since eposide #1974..... I am deaf so require subtitles. Can we please fix asap

Indeed, the subtitles are gone once again, since episode #1975 for me... Why does this keep happening?

Unfortunately, the problem still persists for Turkey, as if we are stuck in episode 1900. It seems that nothing has changed except for getting a response every six months. Understanding without subtitles is quite challenging for non-native English speakers. Please don't disrupt our pleasant experience.

And besides non-native English speakers, Spotify don't seem very concerned with online accessibility considering the complaint of our deaf friend above... I just don't understand why something so basic as caption support (used by Youtube since 2006) would be such an issue.

What is going on now up to episode 1999 and still no subtitles. Surely it aint this hard to put on subtitles! Youtube does it instantly!

I am deaf and therefore have not been able to to watch my favourite podcast for a long time!! Is it time  to cancel my spotify subscription??

Just noticed this issue as well, I'm in Norway. I usually turn these on when guest have a low voice or something that makes it hard to hear, which is not often, but wanted to use it again today but can't find the button and after searching online, came across this thread. 

Hi @Alex 

Unfortunately, this issue has resurfaced. Like others have mentioned, episode #1975 and forward do not have subtitles. Can you forward this issue to the relevant tech team(s)? I know that many would be grateful for a swift resolution, RE: accessibility. 

I'm experiencing the issue using my Intel MacbookPro 2018, iPhone 12, and iPad Pro 15" (all running up-to-date OS and Spotify apps). The web player also has the issue.

Really appreciate your attention!

Thanks in advance

Hey, Can I ask why this thing happens? I don't see subtitles for JRE again. Can you guys check if you see them?

thanks !

anyone?

So here we go again, same issue as the last times, many people have complained for two months now in the last topic about this new occurrence so I figured maybe creating a new topic would help get the mods' attention?

At this point I'm genuinely curious about what keeps causing this issue, especially when you have deaf people complaining about being unable to watch their favorite podcast... Youtube uses closed captioning reliably since 2006, why can't Spotify do this?

Hey everyone!

Thank you for all your reports 🙌🏼
Please keep in mind that it can take time for subtitles to get uploaded; the creators do it themselves 🙂 

In this case, this is not up to us, as the captions are not Spotify-generated.

Hope this clears things up!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

What? The subtitles are obviously auto-generated, the icon literally says "English (auto-generated)"...

You're not implying that people are working to transcribe these podcasts which explains why we have no subtitles since over 2 months, right? This is becoming surreal...

Me too.

Suggested posts