Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Suddenly ads on Premium

Suddenly ads on Premium

I  have had Premium Family for several years, I recently had to update my payment card details and it made me reinvite family etc. My top podcast is Armchair Expert and since they moved to Spotify exclusively, I've had no ads for 6-8 months. However since updating my payment details and having to reinstate my Family account, I'm now hearing ads?! I expect ads from other podcasts but don't think I'm meant to have them as a Premium user on this Spotify exclusive podcast. How can I fix this?

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

(Samsung S21 5g)

Operating System

(Android)

2 Replies

Hi @janey_fi,

Thanks for posting on the Community.

As part of the Premium subscription, all music can be enjoyed ad-free. And while Spotify doesn’t play ads that interrupt the music listening experience of Premium subscribers, some podcasts may include advertising, host-read endorsements, or sponsorship independently of the streaming platforms featuring such podcasts.

If this is not the case, we recommend that you check if this happens when logging in with other devices.

Remember the Community is here for you in case you have any questions. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there! I also have this problem. I am on a Family Premium account, listen to Armchair Expert, and also gets ads that are not just being read in the podcast. I am the only one on my Family plan that has this problem (on mobile only). My brother listens to the same podcast on his phone and never has to deal with the ads. I'm on mobile version 8.8.72 - but have had this problem for years. Any ideas?

Suggested posts