Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The Beatles... Where are The Beatles...

Solved!

The Beatles... Where are The Beatles...

I'm speechless. I need The Beatles. Please. Anything. Any song at all. Not covers, but the originals. Please. I'm begging.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm pretty sure the publishing rights to much of the Beatles catalog are still a mess, as they have been for years.

That's a good part of the reason their albums took such a long time to appear on CD, such a long time to get digitally remastered, and such a long time to appear on any digital distribution channel -- and when that finally happened, it was still locked exclusively to iTunes through much of 2011.

I'm not sure where the exclusivity deal currently stands but the parties involved in releasing the catalog weren't terribly keen on digital distribution to begin with, so I wouldn't expect any kind of rapid movement to other digital channels. In this case, unfortunately, the fault lies very much with the artist... or those responsible for handling their music, anyway.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

You whiners know you can sync your iTunes catalog with Spotify, right? I'm sure you paid money for all the Beatles albums so just upload them to iTunes and sync your catalog with Spotify. Then listen to the Beatles through Spotify, no problem.

There are many artists who have chosen not to be on Spotify for one reason or another. And that's their prerogative. But if I own their albums, I just do the above and add them to playlists and listen to Spotify 100% of the time. All my music is there! Easy.

View solution in original post

116 Replies

They took a very long time to appear on iTunes so don't hold your breath...

Marked as solution

I'm pretty sure the publishing rights to much of the Beatles catalog are still a mess, as they have been for years.

That's a good part of the reason their albums took such a long time to appear on CD, such a long time to get digitally remastered, and such a long time to appear on any digital distribution channel -- and when that finally happened, it was still locked exclusively to iTunes through much of 2011.

I'm not sure where the exclusivity deal currently stands but the parties involved in releasing the catalog weren't terribly keen on digital distribution to begin with, so I wouldn't expect any kind of rapid movement to other digital channels. In this case, unfortunately, the fault lies very much with the artist... or those responsible for handling their music, anyway.

Another reason not to give money to Spotify!!!   I am sticking with Pandora One!! Cheaper and has all music I love... SPOTIFY YOU SUCK!

Marcoacuna - Thanks for that constructive feedback. Overfloater makes some relevant points. It's not our fault, we love The Beatles. You can read more about why some artists opt out here.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Spotify: Unfortunately there are some artists who have opted not to be a part of Spotify at this point in time. Some frequently requested artists that are not in Spotify include The Beatles, Pink Floyd, AC/DC and Led Zeppelin. We hope that they change their minds regarding streaming soon!

I have uninstalled Spotify from my PC. Thank you but spotify does NOT meet the minumun needs for usage.

for $9.99 you claim I will never have to buy music again.. It sounds like false advertizing.. 

Please review you ad, make sure everyone knows that you only steam a few bands and NOT all bands, I am very dissapointed.

It's a shame you feel that way. We do have over 20 million tracks to discover, and we're adding thousands more every day, so we do feel as if there is plenty of music to listen to.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

its not the same, we want the beatles original music. Please cant you understand WE LOVE THE BEATLES, WE WANT THE BEATLES.

We love them too. Please look at why they're not on our service in my post above.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Today I looked for The Beatles complete discography and when I realised they were not on spotify, if not just fake cover songs, I felt so disappointed! I mean wtf THE BEATLES guys!!!

Have they opted out, or not opted in? Have you asked them? How about Badfinger? And how about The Animals? And how about The Kinks? What have you guys got against the British Invasion? Not enough VERY's in very disappointed.

The Kinks are on there. The Animals are on there. Badfinger are at least partially on there.

The Beatles had their silly tiff with Apple Computers, they refused to have anything to do with iTunes because they had engaged in lawsuits over the Apple trademark and then didn't want to go on other services because they didn't want to be seen to be petty.

John Lennon's back catalogue went up for a few months (and was much trumpeted by Spotify) but then went down again. I'm guessing Yoko wasn't making enough from it. Paul's catalogue is back up (though incomplete) after a few years away. George Harrison's is also down.

I think it will be quite a while before The Beatles come to Spotify. Would also like the entire solo catalogues to be up.

The real original Kinks recordings are not there, just a few later live cuts. Same with the Animals and especially Badfinger. The original Badfinger recordings have been re-recorded by Joey and they are lame and weak. 

No, the original Kinks recordings are definitely there. I listen to VGPS regularly. Something Else, Lola v Moneygoround and the singles are also there as originals. I can't necessarily say the same about the rest of their stuff but I see no reason why it would be different.

The Kinks

The Animals are definitely on there as well. There might be some gaps in their discography but the two classic albums (Animals and Animal Tracks) are both on there. The Animals

I don't really know much about Badfinger, but a quick inspection of some of their tracks on YT shows you are right there.

I hear ya man. The Beatles ARE music!

@121479004 wrote:

Have they opted out, or not opted in? Have you asked them? How about Badfinger? And how about The Animals? And how about The Kinks? What have you guys got against the British Invasion? Not enough VERY's in very disappointed.

Not a thing. We'd love everyone to be on Spotify. In terms of British Invasion, we've got The Rolling StonesThe Who and The Moody Blues. However, as other posts have mentioned, this is a little more complex than just our personal preferences. You can read a little more about why some people are not on the service right here

Airhorn Enthusiast

let's not overdo it. the beatles are fine, but no to throw a tantrum for. things developed over the last thirty years.

As far as I know they signed a contract with Apple to carry them on Itunes exclusively for an unannounced time space.

Thank you, Seressac, someone needed to say it. People behave like children.

Just adding a "me too." It was kind of embarrassing telling my dad this new thing can find any song and then when he said "okay so play Girl by The Beatles" to start scratching my head. 🙂

Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd would also be greatly appreciated, as well as Slash's Snakepit second album.

Suggested posts