Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The same device multiple times under Devices

The same device multiple times under Devices

Hello everyone, I've been having the problem for two or possibly more days that my Amazon AEcho devices can no longer be found and that the old entry in Spotify remains there every time I restart an Echo. I have already deactivated the skill and reassigned it. How do I get out the old entries that are gray?

Why is that?

IMG_9294.PNG
6 Replies

Hey @Pingus72, welcome to the Spotify Community!

To fix the duplicate devices issue, I suggest you log out from all your devices and remove any old connections if any.

Follow these steps to do the same:

1. Visit Spotify.com and log into your account.
  2. Open your account page or click here.
  3. Scroll down and click sign out everywhere under security and privacy settings.
  4. Click manage apps to see your connected services and remove the ones you are no longer using or don't recognize.

This will sign you out on every device and remove unused old connections. Please note that this can also remove your offline saved content. You might need to re-download to save content offline.

Let me know how it goes.

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Done it all. Unfortunately it didn't help, I still get the list of old connections.

There must be a way to delete the old connections like this. I notice that when I unplug an Alexa Echo and then reactivate it, there is one more gray entry

Done it all. Unfortunately it didn't help, I still get the list of old connections. 😞

The following helped. Thank you Spotify support via chat.

Remove Spotify account in the Alexa app. Now unplug all Alexa devices and wait a few minutes. Then supply everyone with power again. I then waited another 5 minutes. Now assign the Spotify skill again in the Alexa app.

Now all the old connections are gone and I only see my current ones.

There are more than 40 duplicate devices in my list of devices. Why they can not be removed? None working. When I click 3 dots to remove, they are not removed and there is no error message. I'm having this problem for weeks and it's not solved, not not even removing my alexa device from Amazon Alexa's app.
I tried to add my Amazon Echo 4h generation device, but it appears duplicated and it's not working.

duplicate-device-alexa-echo-spotify.png

Remove Spotify account in the Alexa app. Now unplug all Alexa devices and wait a few minutes. Then supply everyone with power again. I then waited another 5 minutes. Now assign the Spotify skill again in the Alexa app.

Now all the old connections are gone and I only see my current ones.

Suggested posts