Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

This one podcast keeps showing up and I'm unsubscribed

This one podcast keeps showing up and I'm unsubscribed

In my New Podcasts feed, one podcast keeps showing up with the same two episodes and I have done everything I can to "Not" be affiliated with it in any way, shape, or form.

It's the "London Real" podcast.

Spotify, your podcast management is absolutely terrible.  Step it up.

5 Replies

I have this same problem.  Some podcast I am not sub'd to and listened to like 1 month ago keeps showing up in my Spotify front page and it's getting annoying.  Since then Ive listened to several other podcast but this one is "stuck" on my homepage.  If they are going to have a "front page" of content they should give users a way to edit / control it.

Hi folks,

Thank you for posting on the Community.

The podcast should get replaced if you continue listening to other podcasts. In the future, none of your listening behavior will be recorded for recommendations if you enable a Private Session.

At the moment there isn’t a way to customize the app to remove recommendations or anything on the home screen. If this is something you’d like to see change, you can always check out this Idea and add your +VOTE.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Two years later and not solved, this problem persists still. Why is @spotify not fixing this! 

Can someone please explain why is it so difficult to fix this issue?? There are number of discussions on the forums that’s been created since the past 3 years. Can someone please do their job and fix this?!

i listened to this shitty podcast for about 2 minutes 5 months ago and it’s not leaving my podcasts page since then! The new episodes keep coming up on my recommendations. I tried every single solution that was recommended online, none of them solved this issue. I like listening to podcasts on my google home. Every time I ask google to play my poscasts this **bleep** podcast starts playing. 

Since then I listened to many different podcasts and hours of episodes and no this shitty f*cking podcast is not being replaced. So the suggestion made above **bleep**.

Spotify spent so much money to make the platform a go-to for podcasts, paid tons of money for exclusive shows, yet you are

incapable of fixing a very simple issue. Bravo!!

I'm getting podcasts as suggestions, I think, that I have never looked at, played at all. I just want to listen to the podcast through all the not listened to ones in a certain podcast. Keeps jumping to my other subscribed podcasts or to podcasts I have never even heard of. 

Started looking for a different service. May lead to me stopping my subscription to spotify altogether. 

Suggested posts