Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to Like/Vote Signed In

Unable to Like/Vote Signed In

I made a previous post like this as a question but it got marked as spam. I don't if it was because I was editing too much or what so I'm asking here.

The only way I'm able to like/vote is when I sign out, once signed out,  when I click like/vote I get redirected and signed in again. I can't be signed in to like or vote without being logged out first.  I don't know if this is supposed to happen and I genuinely have no clue what to do about it. Please help.

Just re-posted the question here 

6 Replies

Hey!
You should be able to vote whilst you're logged in. Could you give it another go today as it could be that your post was incorrectly marked as spam by the Community algorithms behind the scenes. Let me know how it goes and if you're still having issues I'll see what else we can try.

Thank you for letting me know about the spam situation, I was worried I did something bad. 😞

I have been trying for about a week, I tried turning on 3rd party cookies since I usually leave them off (to prevent from collecting my data) but even when on it's still happening.  I've been not saying anything for awhile since I was hoping it'd resolve on its own.

Thank you for reaching out to help me. 🙂

Hey @Un1c0rn

What happens if you try to vote using a different browser or private window? Do you get an error message when you try to vote or like something? If so, send me a screenshot and I'll take a look!

Thanks. 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

On both Chrome and Microsoft Edge it's happening. I don't get any error messages just automatically signed back in when clicking. 

Here's steps 1-4 on how it happens:

1. Log out

2. click 'like' or 'vote'

3. Automatically signs me back in after clicking

4. Counts as 'like' or 'vote' when signed back in

I have to log back out repeatedly to be able to vote or like comments, it's really annoying in all honesty. 😞

Hey @Un1c0rn

Can you check if the browsers are up-to-date and to clear the cache and cookies? Can you also let me know if the issue happens when you try an incognito window? 

If the issue persists, let me know if this happens on a different device, if possible. 

Keep me updated!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Apologies for the late response, It’s the same in incognito and cleared site cookies. My browser is also up date. It’s the same way on my phone when using chrome. 

Suggested posts