Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Using 2 phones with 1 account issue

Solved!

Using 2 phones with 1 account issue

Hello. I recently signed up to the Spotify premium service (not Duo). I am in Australia. I have a Samsung J8 phone, and my wife has a Samsung A13 phone. Now, if I listen to a song on my phone, my wife is able to pause or play the song I'm listening to from her phone's play/pause bar, although it's not audible on her phone. This is also the case if she's listening to a song on her phone...I am able to play/pause it from my phone.

Is there any way I can prevent this from happening? Would logging out of the app on one phone whilst listening on the other phone work? if so, how does one log out?

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Paul

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Prague. Thank you for the reply. I guess separate accounts would work, but in the meantime I logged out on my phone whilst my wife listened on her phone and I did not have the play/pause bar on mine. Cheers

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Barking good to see you Guitarman70!
It seems like you and your wife have playback control being shared between devices on the same account. To prevent this, you’ll need separate Spotify accounts for individual playback control and audio. 
I’ll be doggone if I don’t hear from ya,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Hi Prague. Thank you for the reply. I guess separate accounts would work, but in the meantime I logged out on my phone whilst my wife listened on her phone and I did not have the play/pause bar on mine. Cheers

Suggested posts