Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume dropout

Solved!

Volume dropout

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung S8, Denon AVR, Windows 10

Operating System

Android, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Been using Spotify for some time, without any issues. Yesterday, on several devices, the volume will softly drop for less than a second, the back up. This goes on every 8-12 seconds (driving me nuts).

If I play on Samsung S8, no problem. If I play on S8 and cast to Denon AVR, or to Chromecast plugged into the Denon, problem occurs. Same problem on PC (Win10) when playing on PC or casting to Denon.

Suggestions?  Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Finally found it: it was HDMI control on Denon receiver (connected to Sharp TV). I had enabled it for some unrelated reserch.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Keeping a closer eye on this. Exactly 10 seconds between dropouts. 

Could it be something is making a zero second "announcement" that temporarily cause the volume to drop and then right backup again.

Anybody...help?

Marked as solution

Finally found it: it was HDMI control on Denon receiver (connected to Sharp TV). I had enabled it for some unrelated reserch.

Had a very similar problem when using the Spotify Connect app on either my iPhone or iPad as the control for my Denon receiver where the signal would drop out sporadically then sometimes reconnect, then drop out again, ... Using the Spotify Connect app for other devices (PC, Sonos) worked fine.

Disabling HDMI Control in the receiver seems to have fixed these seemingly random and very irritating problems.

Suggested posts