Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Volvo] Album Art not appearing for certain songs

[Volvo] Album Art not appearing for certain songs

I use the embeded SpotifyApp (not via Android Auto) in my Volvo car (Volvo V60 T6 with Sensus from 2021).

Since two days I have no more album arts !

I triyed to disconnect and reconnect, desinstal an reinstall the App, Chnge internet connexion source (from imbeded Modem to WiFi Hotspot) but without any result. The album arts are still missing.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks!

Volvo-Spotify.jpg

32 Replies

Hi @Pattoon_one,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We understand you already tried some troubleshooting steps, and in this case, we'd suggest you head here and contact Volvo Support. The folks there can look into this further.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same here with xc40. And if I may make a suggestion to Spotify support, please stop sending people to Volvo support. This problem happens to different users, with different car models, even with different car companies. The only common part is Spotify. This is on your side.

Same here . Sensus on a xc40 

Same, xc60, 2021

Same for 2024 XC40

What can we do to open a ticket on Spotify ? 

Hi @Susan_GP

I'm not alone, many other Volvo Sensus users are experiencing the same problem with the embedded Spotify app. It's regrettable that Spotify claims it's a Volvo problem and Volvo claims it's a Spotify problem. In the end, everyone says "it's not me," but the problem persists.

In my opinion, it's clearly a Spotify problem because the album arts are displayed correctly on Volco Sensus with other sources like AndroidAuto, Bluetooth, or USB.

One thing that might be important to note is that in the Spotify-Volvo app, I can see pictures for Mixes and proposed Playlists, but there is no album art for individual songs or albums.

Please take action, Spotify! Thanks.

It seems problem is solved, at least in my case I can see cover art again!

Yes, since Tuesday, October 3, the album arts are back. This confirms that the problem was on Spotify side. 

The behaviour in the App is a little bit different than before the problem appears, maybe they found a Workaround. 

To be followed ....

Album art came back then it’s gone again 😞

Only some works now . And it’s very rare . This is from Spotify side . No updates on sensus available at this stage . 

Anyone managed to have their issue solved? 

Hey folks,

Apologies for the lack of updates on our end.

This has been forwarded to the relevant and is currently being investigated. We'll get back to you in this thread once we have more info.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hey folks,

Thank you for your patience. 

In order to continue investigating this issue, and in case you haven't already, make sure to include the following information in your next response:

- Car model

- Type of connection (Bluetooth, AUX, USB)

- Troubleshooting tried so far

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

2021 Volvo XC60 with sensus infotainment system.

It’s the native Spotify app for the car infotainment system using the internet connection supplied to the car.

Thanks for your help.

It works now for some songs , not for all as before. 

-Volvo XC40 MY24 PHEV with SENSUS OS
- Integrated app on Sensus OS

- using wifi connection or integrated SIM card does the same

Hello,
after latest update (september 2023) the Volvo Sensus app does not show pictures/album art, or only shows some but does not show all the pictures.
My car is Volvo XC90 MY21 with Sensus.

Hi,

- Car modelVolvo V60 T6 from 2021 with Sensus OS

- The Spotify AppIntegrated Spotify app on Volvo Sensus OS (I use the latest available Version of Spotify from Volvo)

- Internet Connection: Volvo internal Modem with a SIM Card. I tried also with a WiFI-Hotspot from my Smartphone and Internet connection (WiFI) at home. But no difference.

- Troubleshooting tried so far: Logoff from Spotify an Login again. Desinstall the Spotify App on Install again. Change Internet connection source. Change Spotify Account (other User). 

Yep same here, sometimes it will work mostly not, sometimes it shows on the dash screen between the odometer and rev counter, same on the centre screen, never both at the same time as it used to, there are a lot of people out there with the same problem. Going into Volvo dealer in Nov as going out of warranty then. Don't suppose they will be able to cure it

Suggested posts