Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volvo Sensus app not downloading

Solved!

Volvo Sensus app not downloading

Plan

Premium

Country

Cyprus

Device

Volvo XC90

Operating System

sensus

My Question or Issue

I used to have Spotify on my Volvo, the app requested for an update, after the update the app icon disappeared. I tried to download the app again but once the installation starts it gets interrupted and I receive a pop up that the error has been sent. On the new apps tab page of Sensus, by pressing the arrow below Spotify to show additional information the size of Spotify is shown as 0.0 MB. All the other apps depict a size on the same screen. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

Several users have already mentioned that they were able to resolve this issue by reaching out to their respective car dealer. We suggest that any other users who are still experiencing this issue do the same if they haven't already.

If after that you're still having trouble, feel free to create a new thread in the relevant help board in the Community and we'll see what we can do on our end to help.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

120 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Volvo XC90 (model 2017)

Operating System

sensus

I too had this problem today. Update failed, its filesize appeared as 0.00MB. Ithen de-installed Spotify altogether, hoping that a fresh re-install would solve the issue. It didn't, so now I am without it, very unfortunately. Sincerely hope that someone or Spotify have a solution. 

Same with my car! XC60 2018 T8!

I am seeing the same issues today, July 2, 2019 In Wisconsin, USA.  My car is a 2019 Volvo XC60 T5.

Thanks for all the evidence. Has anyone escalated this to Volvo locally? I will try to do so today (NL)

same in germany with xc90 yesterday.

today no update available and the app is running normaly...

I'm having the same issue with my 2018 XC60. (Peru)

Should be going to the dealership on Saturday.

image.jpg

Spotify functions are gone!

Updates do not appear in the download centre! HELP!

I have the same problem in Poland XC60.

Same here on 2019 XC90, asked to update, somehow the update failed, app functionality was reduced saying you have to update, but no more update was given in download center. Uninstalled the app, reinstall fails and app size shows 0.0MB. Tried over wifi and over mobile data.

The same happened yesterday to my 2019 V60 here in Brazil. Guess we'll have to wait till Volvo solve this, since I took the car to the dealership today and they have no clue what`s happening...

Hi

Same issue from me in Australia.

Volvo XC60

Premium plan.

I tried installing a number of times on mobile data and got the same error. Then tried on wifi. The update shows as 0.0mb when others have a size.

I thought to uninstall and do a fresh install, but now won't install at all.

Fingers crossed for an update!

Same here in the uk on my xc40. Gutted! 

Same for me in Italy, on a V60.

please fix ASAP.

Same here.  Seattle, USA - 2018 XC90 T6

Exactly the same problem with Spotify app on a Volvo Sensus system (XC60 2018). 0.00 MB (re) install size. 15622416813024673885600298374467.jpg

Same.. 

Same here tonight in Stockholm. The app not even availible for downloading any more. Hoping for a quick fix!

Same here in Hungary (XC60)

I had this problem today too in my Volvo V60 2019 in Sweden. The car asked for an update this morning and just failed every time. Then this evening I was able to download the app that was around 5.6MB. I had to log into spotify again using Spotify.com/pair but this doesn't seem to work either now. Im able to input the code but it says that Im in India which I am not... Very annoying but lets hope they fix it soon!

Edit: I should also add that after Spotify logs in all I see is the spinning circle going round and round.... for 2 hours...

Suggested posts