Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

WD TV Live - Premium Only

WD TV Live - Premium Only

I don't understand why Spotify Unlimited doesn't work on WD TV Live streamer, but it requires a Premium subscription. It is just internet streaming, after all. Guess I'll go back to free Spotify and return WDTV, and go back to my (unfortunately, obsolete) Airlink wireless music bridge. Freekin greedheads.

12 Replies

I'd also like to know this. I have Spotfy unlimted which I can use on up to 3 devices, so why couldn't the WDTV be one of these?

I'm looking for a streaming device to play media files from my desktop in another room, ideally including Spotify.  It's hard to find one that does everything I want but WDTV would get my business if the Spotify app worked.  

planetblues -

Spotify Unlimited can only be used on desktop / laptop devices. Anything else, such as a mobile phone, Boxee Box, or indeed WDTV, will need a Premium subscription to run.
Airhorn Enthusiast

ok thanks for clarifying that David.

After buying two WD TV Live (G3), I upgraded to Premium, so I can use Spotify on this type of device. Now, whenever I play on one of these two, the other interrupts playing immediately. Thus, how can I play Spotify Premium on both WD TV Live players simultaneously, especially since there is no "offline" functionality enabled in the user interface on these devices?

Jens - Welcome to the Community! I'm afraid you'll only be able to stream music from one online Spotify account at a time. This stops a few users using the same Spotify account at the same time.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Given your response, can Spotify please enable in the next WD TV Live firmware release the "Offline" functionality in the Spotify user interface of this device, since WD TV Live devices can readily store all such data via an attached USB HDD, similar as is the use case for a mobile device (SD card). According to WDC's support response, Spotify has exclusive control over this. Thanks!

Jens - Why don't you pop it over in our Ideas board? We do genuinely check the ideas over there. Just head here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/idb-p/ideaexchange
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I just spent an hour trying to stream Spotify Unlimited to my AV receiver. Spotify would not accept login. Now I know why--you only get streaming with Premium. I think this stinks!.

I personally think Spotify has come leaps and bounds in the last few years and instead of bitchin just upgrade probably less effort than moaning about it, save you have loads of cd's and MP3 storage and quality is very good.

I updated my spotify subscription to family and my wd tv stop working. I already delete and re-added my account on the wd tv device. Pls advice. Thanks in advance.

I keep getting the message that need an spotify premium account. Pls help.

Update: I am now able to receive mid-price Spotify on my TV via an Amazon Fire stick. Probably works with Roko, too. Since I can play TV sound through my AV receiver, it's all good.

Suggested posts