Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WEB API - Machine Learning] Using Spotify data on Machine Learning algorithms (not commercial app)

[WEB API - Machine Learning] Using Spotify data on Machine Learning algorithms (not commercial app)

Hey guys!

I hope you all are having a great day. So this post may be a little bit longer. First just a "disclaimer": I have read the Spotify Terms of Use for Developers and I still can't figure out.

I would like to use the Spotify preview clips and metadata to training some Neural Networks for an academic project, nothing commercial or something like that. For this purpose is possible to download a Spotify preview clip to feed the NN? (It's not the entire song). When you search for a track you can get a link like this: https://p.scdn.co/mp3-preview/4839b070015ab7d6de9fec1756e1f3096d908fba

Here are a special part of the documentation that I didn't get right and don't know if is valid in may case or not:

Section IV: 3.G:

• Metadata, Cover Art, and Audio Clip-Specific Restrictions. Metadata, cover art and Audio Preview Clips available via the Spotify Platform shall include a link back to the applicable artist, album, track, or playlist on the Spotify Service. You shall use the identifiers provided by Spotify via the Spotify Platform in order to comply with the restrictions in this paragraph. You shall clearly attribute that the Audio Preview Clips are being supplied and streamed by Spotify using the designated Spotify Marks on the player. You shall not offer metadata, cover art, and/or Audio Preview Clips as a standalone service or product.

All the help will be valuable.

Cheers,

2 Replies

This is a good question. I'm curious about using Spotify data in a neural network as well.

Hey there @epeacock1970!

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community.

We have a board on the forum for developer questions - it can be found it here.

We see that you've posted your question there and we hope you'll get all the info you need there.

Have a lovely day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts