Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What's up with this new Home screen?

What's up with this new Home screen?

Whats up with the new home screen being random playlist? Its really bad, can I change it back?

1,004 Replies

This new layout just hit my device the other day, is garbage and does NOT make "Discovering Your New Favorites Easy". I literally cannot find the music I want to listen to anymore from the Home screen, previously I could simply scroll down find a category or section and "see all" or scroll though it to find something. Now I have these HUGE tiles that provide far less options and choice, takes forever to scroll through, and are not giving me relevant recommendations. I've glad I don't pay for premium, otherwise I'd really be **bleep** and would be canceling the subscription. I may need to start looking at other services...ugh.

Give us a way to revert the old/GOOD interface!

Please the attached gorbage that the UI team decided to roll out

SmartSelect_20220927_104558_Spotify.jpg

I just received an email pretty much saying I will have to live with it. I suggest everybody emails them and tell them you want the old UI back. This is just horrible. 

Hey folks!

Looks like you've been affected by a recent change we've made - thank you for the provided feedback!
We’re often testing possible improvements, so you or someone else may see something new or get a limited feature temporarily on the app.
Any thoughts you may have on the matter would be appreciated & passed on to the right team 🙂
Many thanks!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same here. If I log out and log back in I get the old homepage. I have to do this every time I close the app so I have to keep it running in the background.

I agree. I have a Spotify Premium subscription. I therefore expect not have ads. But Spotify keeps changing the UI to 1.) Try and sell me things, and 2.) Try and present genres I want nothing to do with. This amounts to an obvious abuse of my trust, and I want them to stop this. Or otherwise I'll just take my business elsewhere.

Here is a thread my current communications with the SpotifyCaresOnceinaWhile Twitter feed:

Me:  "I need Spotify to have a way to stop or minimize its advertizing on the desktop app. Spotify is overwhelming the visibility of my playlists. Your answer?"

Spotify ad 1Spotify ad 1

SpotifyCaresOnceinaWhile:  "Hey again! We've taken a look, but the screenshot doesn't seem to have any visible ads. Just to clarify, are you referring to the recommendations on the Home page? We'll be standing by."

Me:  "Anything presenting 'Icons of Black LGBTQ+ Music' is an ad. That's not a genre in which I have even the slightest interest....
Spotify ad 2Spotify ad 2

Me:  ... Now I am playing Whac-a-Mole with Spotify which seems to be trying to gaslight me over definitions. I know that your content network managers cannot be so dense as to know that in which I am interested, and that in which I am not."

Spotify ad 3Spotify ad 3

Me:  "Perhaps Spotify thinks that it is the first company on the planet to act disingenuously.

Crickets? That's a bad idea to send crickets my way."

For me this new bs design is the reason to leave on 1.11 to apple music. It can't get worse than this bs design. And: Apple Music is music. Music only.  No f'ing podcasts, I'm not f'ing interested in. And it's really sad to see, that spotify doesn't give a f about their users who clearly disklike the new UI. So leaving it is. 

This UI is what I'm seeing on my Android Home screen now.  I would log out and log in again, and it usually goes back to the old familiar layout for a while, but eventually it goes back to this.  Single column of cards, most of it is stuff I'm not interested in.  About half of the cards are podcasts, and I rarely listen to podcasts.  I just looked and the top three cards are podcasts.

I get that sometimes you need to test things out in a live pool of users.  But this issue brought me to Spotify Community (and Reddit) to search for answers and solutions.  It's that bad.  I can scroll to the end, about 30 cards, and that's it.  That's the end of discovery on the Home page.  It's ignoring anything I've recently played, things I'm actually interested in, etc.  Nope, just here a list of 30 things that have nothing to do with your customized playlists, likes, years and years of history, and so on.

During my search of this issue, nobody has said they like this design.  So can we please get this "experiment" or whatever it was off our home pages, recognize it was a failure, and move on?

signal-2022-10-01-185551.jpg

It is SO BAD. I thought it was an app glitch and spent all day going back and forth with their @SpotifyCares Twitter account to try and fix it. My home screen is full of wrong recommendations… Pretty sure Spotify has oodles of data to deduce what WOULD resonate but hey.

Why any company would approve a change making it more difficult to get to recently played items and properly custom made content for the user is beyond me. This UI is a joke and if it’s permanent I am out. I’m not wasting my money on this level of garbage UX. 

40DE2EBA-1665-44D1-BB93-B34C37372E08.png

Plan

Premium

Country

Mexico

Device

Huawei Mate 20

Operating System

Android 10 on EMUI 12

My Question or Issue

My spotify interface looks like this and it shouldn't. I uninstalled the app and it's still the same. Help, I hate this view.

Screenshot_20221001_205924_com.spotify.music_edit_22053849040905.jpgScreenshot_20221001_210110_com.spotify.music_edit_22036693894032.jpg

I have to agree.. it feels like there’s so much wasted space and it feels less useful and easy to use than the old home layout. I have no idea why they decided to go this route but I hope that it’s reversed soon. 

This new design is a complete waste of space, I cannot find music to listen to now, just playing old stuff proposed on front page. Too bad, please revert this app to previous versions! 

It is so wrong I just connected to a Spotify forum to complain for the first time in years of Spotify premium!

I hope we will see this ”limited feature” very temporarily and never more after that.

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 11 

Operating System

iOS 15.7

My Question or Issue

my home screen looks like this. I have restarted the app, deleted and reinstalled it, and restarted my phone, and it’s been like this for more than a week. I’m pretty frustrated with this. 

778E62C8-3527-498E-A3CF-4C6694682B15.png

Originally I thought I had accidentally enlarged all my playlist or something but I was upset to see that this was an update that wouldn’t be changing I can only see a 10th of the information I use to just feels like a step in the wrong direction with the app

Originally I thought the app had bugged out or I accidentally enlarged the playlist somehow after an hour of research on how to fix it I had found out it was an update. Unfortunately I feel like we lose some much with this update we can only see 2 playlists at any time in a single file manner /: it feels 2D and boring hopefully Spotify can work together to fix this cause i don’t wanna go to Apple Music 😞

Premium

Country

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 20+

Operating System

Android 12?

My Question or Issue

I Don't like this new home screen interface change back to the old one please I liked my options.

There should be option whether or not you want smart shuffle on.

Screenshot_20221002-223836_Spotify.jpg

I have also this new awful GUI-version. I hate it big time! How do I get back the previous version?

I see that "dsdsdsdsdsd" contacted support and they help, but how oin erath do it get in contact with the support team? On the homepage there is ONLY the "automatic help" and "quick help" and now way to send a request that some actual person handles. How do I do this?

LIKE WHAT WAS THE DEVELOPER THINKING? I REALLY HOPE THEY ARE DISCIPLINED OR FIRED.. WHO TESTED THIS?? YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS.. WHY WOULD YOU PUSH THIS**bleep** THROUGH.. SOME KIND OF JOKE OR YOU JUST DONT WANT CUSTOMERS???CHANGE**bleep** BACK IMMEDIATELY AND QUIT MESSING WITH IT!!!! SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOUR DEVELOPER 🤦🏾‍♂️ There's NOTHING GOOD ABOUT YOUR UPDATE AT ALL... HOW MUCH IS AMAZON FAMILY PLAN???

Screenshot_20221003-180428_Spotify.jpg

Suggested posts