Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When I say "Google Play my music" it no longer shuffles My Liked Songs?

When I say "Google Play my music" it no longer shuffles My Liked Songs?

it now plays the most recent addition first and then the next and so on. It never used to do this - it used to just shuffle straight from the above command.
8 Replies

Hey @robigouk

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know on which devices is this happening?

On another note, we suggest checking if the OS/firmware of your devices is up to date. 

Lastly, we'd like to know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update. 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi.  I've checked all my Google Home speakers and they are all up to date and it happens on all of them.  Today... when I say "hey google play my music" it played "Pop Mix".  So.. I then said "hey google play my favourite music" and it played the last track I'd added to my Liked songs, and then the next one again with no automatic shuffle.  I *think* this has started since DJ "X" (which is great) was added to the UK.

Hey there @robigouk

Thanks for your quick reply. 

Could you ask a friend or a relative to log into their account on your devices to see if they can replicate this behavior with their own account?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Apologies I've asked somebody else to try and it's the same thing.  Exactly the same!

Also today when I said "Play My Music" it chose to play songs from "Massive Dance Hits" which is in my library.  When I said "Play my favourite music" it plays my Liked songs the same as before (no shuffle)

Hey @robigouk,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

Since this could be related to the voice command you're using, would you mind using the "Shuffle" commands mentioned in this article to see if it makes any difference?

Also, if the issue persists, as the playback can be controlled from a different device, it would be great if you could start it from a mobile device, activate the Shuffle button and then, use the Connect feature to continue playing from your speakers. This could reset the default option back to shuffle as well.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi again.  This didn't help.  I tried starting playback on my phone and then casting to the speakers.  I then later tried telling Google speaker to "Play my music" and again it played "Massive Dance Hits" playlist (which is not mine it's one I'm following) and it was shuffled.  I then told it to "Play my favourite music" and it did but with no shuffle (I then have to tell it to shuffle).  Until before my first post when I used to say "Play my music" it would play my favourites shuffled.

Hey @robigouk,

Thanks for your reply and apologies for the confusion.

We can confirm that this behavior is currently expected, however, we understand where you're coming from so we've made sure to forward your feedback to the right team here at Spotify.

Let us know if there's anything else.

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts