Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why are certain compilation albums arent feautred without explanation?

Solved!

Why are certain compilation albums arent feautred without explanation?

Why certain compilation albums are not on Spotify without any sort of explanation whatsoever.
Examples include:
Ultimate Kylie by Kylie Minouge (2004)
2 Good 2 Be True by Aaron Carter (2006)

Candy by Mandy Moore (2005)
Thanks for all your answers!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @britneyLover56, thanks for reaching out to the Community.

If the tracks are greyed out, it means that they’re currently unavailable in your country. Availability of music can vary over time and between countries, depending on agreements between Spotify and rights holders, such as artists or record labels; therefore, content sometimes isn't available right away.

Spotify is constantly working to add new content to the platform so hopefully your favorite music will be (back) up soon.

In the meantime, you can import local files to your Spotify library if you have this music as files on your computer.

Let me know if you have any other questions 😊

Mihail
BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @britneyLover56, I see.

The availability of those compilations also depends on the agreements between Spotify and rights holders. Anyway, if all songs are available, you can select them and create playlists - with their names and artworks. I guess it's a workaround while those compilations don't become available...

BittencourtSpotify Star

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @britneyLover56, thanks for reaching out to the Community.

If the tracks are greyed out, it means that they’re currently unavailable in your country. Availability of music can vary over time and between countries, depending on agreements between Spotify and rights holders, such as artists or record labels; therefore, content sometimes isn't available right away.

Spotify is constantly working to add new content to the platform so hopefully your favorite music will be (back) up soon.

In the meantime, you can import local files to your Spotify library if you have this music as files on your computer.

Let me know if you have any other questions 😊

Mihail
BittencourtSpotify Star

My question wasn't that the compilations are greyed out or anything. The songs on those compilations are available to listen to. The thing is that those compilations don't seem to be in Spotify at all or streaming at all. I was asking on why some compilations are not available on Spotify.

Thanks!

Marked as solution

Hey @britneyLover56, I see.

The availability of those compilations also depends on the agreements between Spotify and rights holders. Anyway, if all songs are available, you can select them and create playlists - with their names and artworks. I guess it's a workaround while those compilations don't become available...

BittencourtSpotify Star

Thanks! 

Suggested posts