Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why can't I play any Vance Joy songs on shuffle, pc, ios, or when selected?

Why can't I play any Vance Joy songs on shuffle, pc, ios, or when selected?

I've been having this problem for years where I haven't been able to listen to any Vance Joy songs on spotify, except for 2 collabs, that he's featured on. I've looked for answers but this doesn't seem to be a super common problem. I've tried updates, re-downloading the app, tried it on my pc, and on my phone(ios). yet, I haven't been able to play any of his songs since around 2019/2020 ish. I'm tired of trying everything and having to go to Youtube for this problem. The only solution to this problem that I've seen was on reddit and it was to create an entirely new account, something I am simply not willing to do. If I could get answer or solution to this, that would be fantastic.
2 Replies

does anyone know how to get the attention of someone who is actually familiar with the issue? 

Hey there @person1234567,

It's possible that you've accidentally blocked the artist. In the mobile app, go to the artist page, tap the three dots menu and select Allow playback of this artist. If their songs are marked as explicit, check if you've allowed playback of explicit content in the app's settings.

In case the issue persists, perhaps their songs are currently unavailable in your region. As much as we'd love to have all the music in the world on Spotify, the content may vary over time and between countries. This depends on permissions from rights holders.

For more information on the matter, it's worth reaching out to the artist or their label on social media or their website.

In the meantime, you can import local files to your Spotify library.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts