pluginversie

My Question or Issue

when asked t play  spotify

- alexa says here is spotify, then nothing

when asked to play  daily mix

- daily mix 2 from spotify, then nothing

when asked to play  foo fighters

- this is foor fithers from spotify, then nothing

so alex echoes every question bout spotify but never plays spotify!

help!

tx

skills are enabled and account ws alreadyremove and configured again

no solution

28 Replies

Hi there @nicocleemput,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the community!

Can you try to Log out Everywhere and then log back in only on one device like your phone and the speaker.

If that doesn't change anything try the following:

1. Unlink your Spotify and Alexa accounts again. Find how here.

2. Turn your speaker off.

3. Restart your router by unplugging it from power for at least 15 seconds.

4. Log out from your Spotify account, restart your phone, and log back in.

5. Turn on your speaker and link your accounts again.

Also let us know if Alexa can play music from other services.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Alex,

tx for the support.

Already tried removing/disconnecting couple of times, but same problem.

Alexa plays tunein  radiostations or other things without problem.

It's only spotify that isnt working 😞

reagards.

Nico.

Hey @nicocleemput,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Just to confirm, did you already try restarting your router?

If possible, could you try to play on another device through Alexa and let us know if it works?

Lastly, could you try using a different Spotify account, like a friend's or relative's, and let us know if that makes any difference?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have the exact same thing. Alexa confirms all commands, But no music comes out of the speaker.

"Alexa play spotify" - "okay here's Spotify" - Nothing!!

Its super frustrating and I have tried everything. 

Sonos connect works fine and lowering the volume or any other thing other then controlling music from spotify works with Alexa.

Anything help on this would be highly appreciated.

I have done all aforementioned steps.

Barend

Hey @barend777,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

Just to double-check-are there any changes when you try with another account?

It's also a good idea to check if the firmware is up-to-date.

Let us know how it goes.

Ver Moderator

I am still having this problem. Is there no solution?

Hey @djcrowsh,

Thanks for posting here.

Just to confirm-are there any changes after trying the steps mentioned in the thread?

If you've already tried these steps or some additional troubleshooting steps, let us know. You can also send us a video recording of the issue. We'll look into this further.

Keep us posted. 

Ver Moderator

Hi,

i can work Spotify directly with the Sonos speakers, I can work Spotify through the Sonos app but Alexa voice commands and the Alexa app will not connect to it. I’ve tried creating a new account and the same thing happens…

Hey there @djcrowsh

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Could you let us know if you've already tried the steps we mentioned in this thread previously? 

On another note, we'd like to know if it has never worked or if it started having issues after a specific event such as an update. 

Lastly, we'd suggest that you try using a different internet connection to check if that makes the difference. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I’m have the same problem. I’ve tried all the steps from logging out/in from Spotify, unlinking/re-linking to Alexa and redoing the skills and even rebooted my router but no change. My device is a Onelink Safe and sound smoke detector with built in speakers and I even shut down power to the house (since it’s hardwired to my main panel) but no luck. Alexa works well with Amazon Music though so no idea what’s wrong with the Spotify/Alexa relationship. 

Hey @BoscoSantiago,

Thanks for your post in the Community!

We understand you've done most of the proposed troubleshooting steps already. It's also worthwhile to perform a clean reinstall of the app, as this is more thorough than the normal one and ensures that no cached data will cause interference with the new installation of your app. See if this will shake things up.

If reinstalling doesn't help, then we're not sure if your situation isn't related to possible compatibility issues with your device. You can check out more on Spotify and various speaker devices compatibility here. For more info on how Alexa enabled devices, you can read here.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator

I'm having the same issue as described above. One of two Echo's in my home are functional, but the 2nd gen Echo in my kitchen will not play Spotify. After deleting the app, it will play for a little bit and then stop again. I've tried every single Internet solution including resetting the router, disabling the Echo, deleting apps, unpairing, pairing, you name it. This has occurred now for 3 straight weeks and is beyond frustrating!

hate to say it, but the very expensive samsung just cant work togehter with spotify
even with tuniin i have problems
have to reset the hardware every 5days
it's **bleep**

Same issue on both my onelinks. Everything works but Spotify. Tried everything…

Same issue here tried everything but doesn't work. Worked fine a month ago. UE Blast. If you go over to the review of Spotify app on play store. Loads of people having the same issue. Started around March. Spotify have not offered a solution that works to any of them. It's just the usual scripted reply. I'm cancelling my Spotify and going to another service 

Hello 

Is there any update / solution for recent issue to play Spotify using Alexa skill? I have same problem on my Orbi speaker since April…

Currently been losing my mind over this issue! Surely than is an answer here SPOTIFY??? You could lose a number of customers to Amazon Music at this rate!

Same issue here started 1 or 2 days ago. Alexa responds but nothing starts playing.

*EDIT* - this could be the answer to the issue for some people...

So, it turns out that my AMEX card expired end of Feb, but Spotify has continued to be able to take payments until now (not sure how, but assume Amex allows for some continued debits when it comes to subscription services?). Anyway, I updated my credit card details and then disabled and re-enabled the Alexa skill and, hey presto, things are working again...

With the number of people having this issue despite having followed the troubleshooting steps laid out, it can’t simply be called “potential incompatibility with a particular device model.” This is the app not working. It needs to work, or why are we paying for music we can’t listen to on our speakers? This isn’t a small bug. 

Suggested posts