Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Spotify currently not available" when trying to pair with BMW iDrive app

Solved!

"Spotify currently not available" when trying to pair with BMW iDrive app

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

BMW iDrive 7

My Question or Issue

I bought a new BMW a couple of months ago (so a 2020 model on iDrive 7) and decided that the integration with Spotify was enough to persuade me to re-upgrade to Premium.  It's been working great for those two months but out of the blue this afternoon it decided to stop working.  I've tried all the usual stuff like removing permissions, re-pairing the app in the car but it's not working.

The app on iDrive correctly generates a QR code, Spotify says it's paired successfully but the car then returns an error that just says, "Spotify currently not available". The only option is 'OK' which takes me back to the QR code screen.

'BMW Connected Music' correctly appears in the list of Approved Applications on my Spotify profile.

Who has broken what, and how can it be fixed please?

gnFFtcO.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Only just seen this reply, unfortunately it's completely inaccurate...  It started working again a few days later (hence why I never returned to the original query) and integrates well.

For those with BMWs using iDrive it IS possible to fully control Spotify through the onboard app in iDrive, there is no need to use Bluetooth.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hey there @gb79a,

Thanks posting here in the Community! We'll gladly shed some light on the situation.

Keep in mind that the BMW Connected Drive feature has been depreciated. As a result, it’ll no longer be possible to control Spotify via the onboard BMW system. You can however still enjoy your favorite music by connecting to your car’s audio system via Bluetooth. 

We also have marked this Idea about bringing back the integration as open for voting. If this is something you would like to see make a return in the future, make sure to leave your vote there and subscribe to the idea. We’ll be monitoring it to pass the feedback on to the right team and keep you posted there, as soon as we have something to share.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Only just seen this reply, unfortunately it's completely inaccurate...  It started working again a few days later (hence why I never returned to the original query) and integrates well.

For those with BMWs using iDrive it IS possible to fully control Spotify through the onboard app in iDrive, there is no need to use Bluetooth.

Suggested posts