Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Certain podcasts will not play while using VPN

Certain podcasts will not play while using VPN

Hello All, 

I am a Spotify Premium user. This problem occurs when I am on my work laptop running Windows 10 Enterprise and using a Cisco VPN. Nearly everything works as expected except several large podcasts. 

When I try to play these podcasts nothing happens and Spotify shows the following message: 

Need_Assistance_0-1692865471016.png

Spotify version: Web Version (cannot download App for use on this machine) - Running on Google Chrome Version 116.0.5845.111 (Official Build) extended (64-bit)

I have created a free account to test and the same thing occurs. Regardless of browser used or any other settings. 

This only affects "The Jordan Peterson Podcast" and the "The Ben Shapiro Show." 

I have tested with nearly a dozen other podcasts, lots of music, as well as Spotify playlists and so far this only affects these two podcasts. 

This is really bothersome as I love listening to Podcasts while I work and was really looking forward the JP podcast. 

Is anyone else running into this sort of issue? Does anyone have a workaround to get things to work by adjusting VPN settings or anything else?

Thank you

1 Reply

I am facing the same issue, but on the Android app.

I am in India. Some podcasts do not play while I'm connected to VPN (Indian VPN). Switching to a different country IP does not make any difference, it doesn't accept any kind of VPN connection.

The thing is, only some podcasts are affected, not all. Some podcasts that seem to be affected on my list -

* Kalki presents MyIndian Life

* Unexplainable

* Theories of the Third Kind

* Darknet Diaries

There is no error shown. As soon as I press the Play button, the podcast does not play and the button switches back.

Suggested posts