Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
Lampshade95

Would absolutely love this. I hate the Home Screen bloat and I’ve even been told to email Spotify directly about this, but I’m afraid it’s just going to get lost in a the sea of emails they already receive. I understand they can only do so much considering shareholders and such, but I’m just sitting here tapping “not interested” on anything and everything in all the audiobooks and podcasts tabs. My wife uses YouTube instead 95% of the time for podcasts so she wouldn’t mind it being removed from Spotify. If I could have the option to remove them it would save up so much space and time considering I open the app and the very first thing I do is click “Your Library” because that’s exactly what I want/need. My music. Everything is else is just bloat and unnecessary at this point. 

Wanted to add this after finding this out. It doesn’t seem to matter if you click “not interested” or not with audiobooks/podcasts because the stuff I DO NOT WANT still pops up and when I tap the thumbnail of the audiobook/podcast “not interested” is already a grayed out thumb from when I tapped it earlier because I DO NOT WANT IT. It just doesn’t seem to matter. 

Baptchef
  • Chers mélomanes, Comme vous, j'ai apprécié Spotify pour sa simplicité et sa focalisation sur la musique. Cependant, récemment, l'aspect TikTok a pris de l'ampleur.
    Voici ma proposition pour un Spotify plus authentique :
  • 1. Désactivation des "Shorts" : Permettez aux utilisateurs de choisir s'ils veulent voir des vidéos courtes sur l'accueil.
  • 2. Retour au défilement vertical classique : Laissez-nous revenir à l'ancien format, sans le défilement à la TikTok !
  • 3. Personnalisation des catégories : Masquez les catégories "musique" et "podcast" pour ceux qui préfèrent une expérience plus sobre en évitant le scroll verticale.
  • 4. Simplification des informations sous les morceaux : Affichez uniquement les paroles. Pas de profils d'artistes ni d'annonces de concerts.
  • 5. Choix et Authenticité : Spotify, c'est avant tout la musique. Laissez-nous le choix et revenons aux sources.
RlyehTokken

Imagine you can pay for what you want to listen to and can block useless podcasts and shite recommendations? 

Unfortunately, the Spotify devs don't have such simple imagination. Not sure how much longer I am going to put up with their BS. 

RlyehTokken

That would be cool if the devs made this possible. I am so annoyed with Spotify shoving senseless content in my face, when I just want to listen to my tunes. F joerogan podcasts. Would never listen to it so remove it from my feed 🙂

igaliok

I just don't want to see Hitler every time I use the app. Is this too much to ask?

hervidor

For a while now, Spotify has been so focused on recommending me podcasts that I struggle to use Spotify for new music discovery. That is my main reason for using Spotify, and I'm using Spotify less and less for music because of this.

My home page "Recently Played" has some music that I've already listened to. My "Jump Back In" section is basically all podcasts. Besides that, the only place it shows me music is the "Made For You" section. Literally everything else is "New Episodes", "Episodes for you", "More Like <episode title>" (tons of these), "Your Shows", "Popular with Listeners of <podcast>", "Spotify Original Podcasts", "Shows You Might Like".

I went to the "Music" tab which is showing me music, but its far less content than I get on the normal homepage, and it barely feels like it's using their recommendation algorithms at all. A few Spotify-created playlists I've listened to before, a few albums I've listened to before, and then some generally popular artists that are clearly not in my area of interest (Kanye). The content on all of these specific tabs is heavily reduced from what is on the full homepage.

I find it really overwhelming when I open Spotify on my laptop. It's frankly so much work for me to get to some music that I've noticed myself switching to YouTube or something else where I can quickly search a genre I'm interested in and get tons of results. I haven't saved new music on Spotify in months!

Ikaemos

Voting this up despite the discouraging "not right now"-decision, since I just got put in the podcast jail recently; Home screen is completely unusable.

I'm guessing the recommendations go off of listen time, so yes, listening to 1h+ episodes makes it seem like you're there for that. I'm not. If only I could make that clear. When I first started using Spotify, it was an amazing way to discover new music. I wish I could delete my entire history and start over.

aessof05

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

pixel 7

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

So i did my research of the forum and found some things about the new home interface from 2023 and previous, but nothing about recently. I don't like the new home screen interface and want to change it back. I got spotify for music, but all I ever see on the home screen are podcasts and podcast suggestions, and audiobooks. I listen to like 2 podcasts max, and not regularly. I no longer see the options for my top mixes, albums or artists i may like. Radio suggestions etc etc. Then there is also the tiktok interface. This has got to be one of the worst things Spotify has done. Especially annoying on Android Auto when you are trying to find music for the drive but all it keeps suggesting is, "hey, you might like this podcast on **bleep**". Is there a way to fix it or change it back. 

disappointed5

this is so insane its been over 6 years and people are STILL asking spotify to allow us to remove certain things and you just say "we'll just close the issue and call it solved and do nothing"

Jungstar

Yes, lets please make it so we can remove "biggest hits" and "podcasts" etc.