Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Address not recognized when trying to add my daughter to my plan

Address not recognized when trying to add my daughter to my plan

I tried to add my daughter to my account in Brazil last month, and when I sent my daughter the link, the app said that we had to join when back in the registered address. Now I am at home (Uruguay) trying to add her, but when she clicks the link it just says she's not at the same address and can't be added to the plan. We tried several times and the same message appears. 

First, the link appeared with .br extension (as if I were in Brazil) but now I tried even to send her the link from an incognito browser (from the registered address), the link appeared with .uy extension, but showing the same message.  

Any suggestion?

6 Replies

Hi there @DeniseRB,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

What you're trying to do won't work. A Premium Family subscription works only for users living under the same roof. This means that the country set on your account must match the country you're currently living in. The same goes for all family members you want to add to the plan. They need to physically be in Brazil, and the country on their Spotify account needs to be Brazil for the plan onboarding to work.

Hope this clears things up.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello. I am facing the same problem. Husband and I share a plan and were trying to log in our work laptop to the family plan. But it isn't letting us. The laptop goes to work and comes back home with us. All in the same city, 20 minutes away from each other and I was able to add my husband while we were sitting at our coffee shop. 

It keeps saying address does not match although I have copy pasted the address and I was able to add my husband to the plan just fine 

Hey @Nidakhan,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Does the laptop have a VPN activated? If so, try turning it off.

Are you able to login on different devices, e.g. mobile phones, with your accounts?

Keep us psoted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi today i purchased a family plan one of the fam head that i am trying to add was my sister and she was keep trying to accept the link and it keeps ssying address did'nt match when she input the exact address, and YES we are aware that we need to be in the same Country ,same roof whatever. 

Hey there @yanieyanxff

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, has your sister checked her country settings on her Account page? Those need to match the ones the owner has registered on their own account. 

Also, we suggest that she double checks if she's entering the exact same address as the plan's owner. 

If so, we'd recommend trying to accept the invite again from a different device and while using a different internet connection. 

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts