Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Another premium family member's music is in my recently played.

Another premium family member's music is in my recently played.

When a specific member uses Spotify, their activity shows up in  my recently played even though their device says they are using their own account and it doesn't happen with other members of the plan (It's just their recently played and I'm the only one who gets it) It is extremely frustrating and i don't know what is causing it as i have never logged in on any of the devices they use and they have never logged in on any of the devices I use.

Plan: Family Premium

Devices: theirs: iphone 12 running iOS 16.3.1 -- mine: iphone XR running iOS 16.3.1 and Lenovo Flex Pad 5 running Windows 10 Home

IMG_9035.jpg
1 Reply

Hey @AbbyL ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

This could happen if you're using smart speakers like for example Google Home, Alexa, Sonos, etc. Usually to set those up you need to pair a Spotify account to the speaker's profile and with that, the music that is played via the device will show up on the account initially registered with the speaker.  

For most speakers, there are ways to avoid that by setting up voice recognition and different profiles.

If you're not using any smart speakers with your partner, let me know and I'll see what else I can suggest. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts