Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can not add family members to premium family account

Can not add family members to premium family account

My Question or Issue

I have a premium family account. I want to add my children to my account. We are Dutch but live in Germany. I have entered our German address in my account. When my children accept the invitation and add the same address Spotify says: “You have to live at the same address. It seems that you want to be a member of premium family from a different country. Try again”. 

I thought maybe the problem was that I have a Dutch account. So I changed my address to our postbox address in the Netherlands. We all went to the location of that address and tried again but we got the same message.  

Does anybody understand what is going on? What can I do to fix this?

1 Reply

Hey @Janwillem1,

Thanks for reaching out.

The error message means that the country setting set within your accounts doesn't match. Since you're living in Germany, your country setting should be set to Germany as well, to prevent any further issues.

The address saved within your Premium Family plan should be set to your actual German address as well.

You and the other family members can check the country setting of each account at https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/. You can find some more info about changing that setting here.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts