Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Family does not recognize me when accepting invitation

Premium Family does not recognize me when accepting invitation

My husband has sent over 5 invitations to Premium Family and when I add my adress it says I cannot be added as I dont have the same adress as him. On his account there is no adress indicated att al, only postal code.

When I opnede the last invitation I suddenly had a different accountname and a different country.

Why is it so complicated to use a service that's benn paid for?

3 Replies

Hey @Mirandacaro

Each family member has to have a separate username and password, so the first step is to create yourself a new account (if you haven't already).

I suggest creating it with an email address (not the one used for Facebook, if possible), since you'll be able to pick a Spotify username / password. Using Facebook will not let you do that.

You'll now have a Free account, so the next step is to join your Family plan through your Admin's account (the one who pays is the Family Admin).

Accept the invite logged in with your own username in the app and in the website and you'll be set. Just be sure to type the address exactly as the Admin did when he created the Family Plan, and also be sure all Family members use the same Internet connection (Home network) regularly.

Both will be able to listen to music at the same time, and will have separate libraries, playlists and friends.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have done all that you mention but when my husband created the account he did not type in any adress whilst in my case it is mandatory. He has tried to enter an adress but there are no slots for this. Is there any way of resetting the account information and start over again?

@Mirandacaro

Unfortunately, for the time being, it’s not possible to check the address registered on an existing Premium for Family subscription.

If you move, or don't remember your address details, you need to create a new account, subscribe to Premium for Family on that account, and cancel the subscription on your old account.

After that, contact customer support, and they'll transfer your playlists from your old account to the new one.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts