Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify blend issues

Spotify blend issues

I have created blend playlists (both are a mix of 2 people) and they barely include any of my songs. They both have 50 songs, only about 7 are mine and about 5 songs are our common songs. The rest are the other participant's songs. The same happened when I joined a blend playlist my friend created. Also, most of the songs that were picked for me are songs that I haven't listened to in months, and my top artist wasn't even included even though my friends also listen to them. Even though I have around 75% similarity with both of my friends, almost all of their songs are in genres I don't listen to at all.
All of my blend playlists were created a few days ago, however the uneven distribution doesn't seem to change when the playlists refresh.
3 Replies

Hi there @ahsenogul,

Thanks for the post.

The blend playlists are automatically generated based on data gathered for both members. If the Spotify algorithm has more data on one of the members, it will most likely include more songs from them. I'm currently not aware of the exact percentages, but songs in the Blend won't always be distributed 50/50. It's also very dependent on what artists and albums you've liked and how long you've been listening to them. Sometimes you won't get songs from artists that you've started listening to just recently, even if you've played their song a hundred times, but that's not always the case.

In order to get more accurate recommendations, I'd recommend listening to music without Private Session. Follow the artists you like, and hit the Heart button on the songs that you like. 

Hope you find this info helpful.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm having the exact same issue. I've have had blends for a year now and they were more varied then all of a sudden in December, there's like 1 song from me and 19 from the other person. They didn't used to be like that at all. I use Spotify daily, and more than those participating in the blends so I don't get why this is happening. 

If I don't "follow" any artists, but I do "heart" a lottttt of songs - should my blend playlist work correctly? I notice I don't see any of my songs in the blend playlists that I join...

Suggested posts