Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Anyone else getting banner ads despite paying for ad free?

Anyone else getting banner ads despite paying for ad free?

Okay, the random pop up ads were bad enough, but now I am also getting banner ads?!

I have been paying for Spotify since 2011/2012 specifically to NOT have ads, and now I even pay for a Family Plan. The last few years I have been getting pop up ads all over my screen despite following all the steps given to me by FAQs and Customer Service agents again and again and again. Nothing seems to make them stop, but they are infrequent enough I was willing to just send in a new help request every time in hopes that one day someone in IT or management will hear about it and fix the issue. 

The new banner ad I got yesterday though implies this is either intentional or the issue/glitch is somehow getting worse?

Has anyone else had this issue and if so do you know how to ACTUALLY turn the ads off? Cuz none of the settings options do anything and the magical link at the bottom of the pop up ads is gone and does not show on the banner ad either. 

Screenshot_2023-08-22-21-06-08-40_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226~3.jpg

1 Reply

Here's an example of the most recent pop up ad as well for context on those

Screenshot_2023-08-24-00-46-05-64_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.jpg

 I have never even heard of this band/singer? before, and it straight up tells me to buy something, so it is a good example of just how blatant advertising it is and that it is almost always totally irrelevant to me/my account most of the time. 

Suggested posts