Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Apple Music

Apple Music

Is anyone going to switch? I'm still wondering..

http://www.apple.com/music/

42 Replies

I definitly am. Spotify's iOS app is a such an unorganised mess.

And whenever I click next on my steeringwheel in the car, it switches back to the apple music app, which annoyed me from the beginning. 

Competition is generally advantageous for consumers. I want to see Apple Music become a strong competitor, not because I necessarily want to leave the Spotify platform, but because Spotify really needs to focus on improving their communication and support for their customers. Maybe they will start caring when they start losing them in droves.

It could be a great thing for both platforms in the end.

Maybe if the Apple client has all the advanced search features Spotify have been removing, and it has a more clever way of sharing playlists, then maybe I'll jump ship. It's a mess in Spotify. But the new Spotify client is promising, if they actually start adding GOOD new features, then I'll stay.

I am.

Spotify desktop app is very slow to start on OS X.  It has also been losing features rapidly.  Wy did the apps have to go, why can't I delete local files easily, why did you remove sort options.  The last few updates have been making the app WORSE.  

Spotify extremely slow and hangs on my iPhone 4.  Spotify syncing method is tiresome, why can't I just use a cable to sync things quickly.

A simple music player shouldn't be horrible slow just because the phone is a few years old.

Also the iPhone app UI is a mess, it's hard to do the things I want to do and it's always pesters me when I am offline with popups.

Whoever is in charge of software design is screwing the company.   A great service destroyed by implementation.  I recommended Spotify to 5 friends, all of whom have paid subscriptions.  

I will probably be recommending they go with Apple, because Apple tend to get the software implementation right.

Spotify forever 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I will never switch.  I lhave invested too much time getting my Spotify playlists just the way that I want.  I also love that Spotify has a Windows phone app.

I don't think I will go to that. iPad I sold out, as it was a bit no-needed toy for me, haha. On laptop I have Linux. On Android there's no app from Apple anytime soon. So why to go? I'm on Spotify since ages and don't want to leave it. Android app is great one.

It's ok to have competition, but Spotify is just for me.

The breaking point is, that Apple is going to launch an Android app for Apple Music aswell!

It will come this fall ^^

Yeah. But playlistst. Over 2,000 songs not so easy to transfer one by one. 😞

I prefer Spotify , as there's no problems for me in it.

I even can find ALL DJ Gollum I want to hear.

For these who can understand polish.

Teraz jem szproty w sosie pomidorowym <3

Apple won't have public playlists.

Uhm, havent heard that yet. Source?

Apple is offering a 3 month trial, which is crazy. Apple's family plan makes a lot more sense for a larger family. The only reason I would stay with Spotify is my £5 subscription thanks to the bae's over at Unidays.

There were definitely a few moments during the keynote that were directly aimed at Spotify, Meh we can do this and you can't, we've got Taylor Swift.

I wonder how many of the once exclusive artists on Spotify will be available on Apple Music, too, like Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Rammstein or Pink Floyd. Furthermore it seems that they will not offer their complete iTunes catalogue for streaming which means that e.g. The Beatles or AC/DC will not be available for streaming, see e.g. this article: http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/8/8745963/the-beatles-apple-music If that is true, then there is no big difference between Spotify's and Apple's catalogue except for Taylor Swift, thank you very much. Smiley Tongue

Last but not least: Apple Music does not scrobble, so it does not count. Smiley Wink Furthermore the expanded integration between Last.fm and Spotify in the new Last.fm beta site is very good, e.g. the personalised radio stations Your Library, Mix or Recommendations which I prefer over some celebrity-driven playlist or radio station anytime. And Apple Music will not be free, only the first three months which is not enough in my opinion to keep all users who might try them.

I do like some of the features they've proposed, custom artwork for playlists. The beats1 or whatever the radio is called doesn't really appeal to me, not a big fan of Zane Lowe it has a gimmicky feeling about it. Most of the superficial things apple added would be easily done on spotify so it's not too much of an aask for them.

The Taylor Swift thing kinda annoyed me on principle. When she pulled out of Spotify, she said it was because it was "a social experiment... and didn't want to be a part of it" or something close to that.  So one social experiment is okay even though the bare bones of it are almost the exact same. Would've had so much more respect for her if she just came out and said that she doesn't like Spotify rather than trying to quasi-justify it. 

@user-removed wrote:

I do like some of the features they've proposed, custom artwork for playlists. The beats1 or whatever the radio is called doesn't really appeal to me, not a big fan of Zane Lowe it has a gimmicky feeling about it. Most of the superficial things apple added would be easily done on spotify so it's not too much of an aask for them.

The Taylor Swift thing kinda annoyed me on principle. When she pulled out of Spotify, she said it was because it was "a social experiment... and didn't want to be a part of it" or something close to that.  So one social experiment is okay even though the bare bones of it are almost the exact same. Would've had so much more respect for her if she just came out and said that she doesn't like Spotify rather than trying to quasi-justify it. 

She miss a lot of money from Spotify. She is world's greatest no-sense to ignore that big area for make some money on music...

And yes, I never had a go of Taylor music.

Don't really have an opinion on her one way or the other, when she pulled out I remember reading something on it, kinda agreed with her logic. If she believed it was an experiment fair enough. But it's basically pettyness. And almost every apple music article has included her as a partcipant because of her fall out with spotify.

And exactly why would she shut of a revenue stream, just seems silly.

I'm switching straight away no second thoughts about it not only because apple will have some type of support system that LISTENS!!! But Siri will be able to pull up the tracks I want and it doesn't need an extra app on my iPhone iPad or MacBook so hell ta Apple Music all the way and Taylor swift is meant to be on board as well so this will be good because I won't have to buy her album (which is in my music app and everything else is in spotify

@Swalsh2001 wrote:
I'm switching straight away no second thoughts about it not only because apple will have some type of support system that LISTENS!!! But Siri will be able to pull up the tracks I want and it doesn't need an extra app on my iPhone iPad or MacBook so hell ta Apple Music all the way and Taylor swift is meant to be on board as well so this will be good because I won't have to buy her album (which is in my music app and everything else is in spotify

You can't find The Beatles on Apple Music Pass.

Suggested posts