Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bad service of Alexa's Spotify skill

Bad service of Alexa's Spotify skill

Hello,

I would like to mention a problem that I don't found too marked in the community and I didn't find a better area where to explain it.

I have an Echo Plus and sometimes Alexa can't play my Spotify music and I don't know why, (obv it's connected to the network).

When occurs the problem like this, I try various way to fix and try to read the feedback on the Alexa's Spotify skill, every time seems like the problem is the Alexa skill, the feedbacks are very bad, like 1-2/5 stars and seems that other people have the same problem. It's not the first time that occurs this problem, why Spotify doesn't fix the problem and try to improve the Alexa Skill?

Thank you

3 Replies

I experience the same issues for a long time now, the skills seems to be buggy and nobody seems to take care in quality improvements there. I even tried to switch to Apple music, but they do not offer any "connect" feature at all.

If some of my Echo devices are in this state, they usually do not even play music, when I use voice commands.

Some times, after repeating the voice command multiple times, it starts playing music, but it is not reliable.

If the devices are in such state, only a hard restart works for me. I tried unlinking and re-linking the skill, but this also does not help.

I even tried to use the Alexa app to control / select music, but it does not work (there is even a generic error in the Alexa app - "please try again" or something.. Trying again does not help..).

Interesting: The Alexa app shows the Echo device as "playing music", but there is no music playing (yes, volume is up!).

So something is going on there.

The device then does not show up in the Spotify app at all. Sometimes, the devices shows up for a very short time and then disappears again.

Of course, my apps are all up to date, I tested for several month now on different devices (iOS, Android, Mac). All with latest version. My speakers and my devices all share the same network and WiFi. There are no networking issues.

In summary, I think there is just nobody at Spotify taking care of the Alexa skill anymore and I'm really considering switching to any other service at this point.

Appreciate any help though..

To add on on this thread, consider this: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Podcasts-Partners-etc/Alexa-won-t-play-Spotify/m-p/5962224#M1...

Which was closed after a lot of discussion with some generic "use 5GHz Wifi" advice..

Good luck having every piece of hardware (in this case with competing streaming services) work without bugs. Not on Spotify here. 

Suggested posts