Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Glitch in the Spotify Community Website

Solved!

Glitch in the Spotify Community Website

So there is a sort of glitch where you can post something and then comment on it. After you can accept your comment and get the solution badge for almost nothing. Why is this a thing?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There I did it again.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Now I have the 3 solutions badge. Why???

Marked as solution

how did you get a solution 

Marked as solution

Hey!

I don't think it's exactly a glitch in the way you think. This forum is meant to be mainly a help one, for Spotify users to post for example an issue and get help from other people replying to their threads. Kind of what I'm doing right now. So, the original person who starts the thread, makes sense to be able to somehow signal that their initial question/problem was solved. That's how 🙂

Now, granted, this forum has multiple different boards, like Chat that you're posting on. I think it's a bug that you're able to "signal" a thread as solved here, because the purpose of having a board dedicated to Chat is well, chatting with other people. I don't expect people would be posting here issues, so it could be that the forum is bugged and accepting solutions everywhere instead of the dedicated Help boards.

Btw, only the OP and Staff can mark (or unmark) solutions. I can't for example mark your post here as solution, I'd have to start my own and then post a reply and mark that. 

Hope that sheds a bit of light, cheers!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

4 Replies
Marked as solution

There I did it again.

Marked as solution

Now I have the 3 solutions badge. Why???

Marked as solution

how did you get a solution 

Marked as solution

Hey!

I don't think it's exactly a glitch in the way you think. This forum is meant to be mainly a help one, for Spotify users to post for example an issue and get help from other people replying to their threads. Kind of what I'm doing right now. So, the original person who starts the thread, makes sense to be able to somehow signal that their initial question/problem was solved. That's how 🙂

Now, granted, this forum has multiple different boards, like Chat that you're posting on. I think it's a bug that you're able to "signal" a thread as solved here, because the purpose of having a board dedicated to Chat is well, chatting with other people. I don't expect people would be posting here issues, so it could be that the forum is bugged and accepting solutions everywhere instead of the dedicated Help boards.

Btw, only the OP and Staff can mark (or unmark) solutions. I can't for example mark your post here as solution, I'd have to start my own and then post a reply and mark that. 

Hope that sheds a bit of light, cheers!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Suggested posts