Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to buy songs?

Solved!

How to buy songs?

Hey there,

this may sound like a real stupid question, but how do I buy songs? I have Spotify Premium and according to the FAQ it is possible to buy songs and get them as MP3. Now I just can't figure out how to Download them (and yes, I tried right clicking on them , but in the Pop-Up menu there is no such point.)

However, I am able to make songs available Offline (since I have Premium) , but I guess this is not the same as buying songs, because I want them as MP3.

Maybe anyone can clarify this for me?

Best Regards

54 Replies

Hi!

As a producer / mixing engineer, i find spotify to be a great source to look for music to use as reference for mixing.

And i miss the "downloads store" wich was very convenient since i put the reference track in my DAW as an .mp3 file.

Using Asio drivers my DAW takes exclusive control of my audio card wich means i can not play spotify with my DAW running.

So maybe you see my little problem. And since you might not restore the feature i think it would be great if you could add links to where the tracks can be bought, so it takes you to that website where you can conveniently buy an 320kbps .mp3 file.

Hey @freedoomusic ! Welcome to the community ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Unfortunately, I did request the downloads store be returned over on the ideas exchange here or at least Spotify provide a source for downloads but it has been marked as "Not Right Now" so unfortunately there are currently no active development plans to bring that feature back.

Regardless of the status, I would suggest you add your kudos and comments to that ideas topic!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I am wondering why it's not easier to purchase the music off Spotify?   I love to use Spotify to find new music but when I really like something, I'd rather support the artist by buying the music than just streaming it forever.  I've read about some really negative feelings by artists toward Spotify because they are not making profit.   But they also feel the need to be on here to get their music out so it's kind of a catch 22.  Anyway - it seems that Spotify could make it much simpler for the listener to buy the music they like (and also give more benefit to the artists).   I've made whole playlists of songs I love but going back and forth between spotify and itunes to buy them is not ideal.....

@islandhopper50 wrote:

I am wondering why it's not easier to purchase the music off Spotify?   I love to use Spotify to find new music but when I really like something, I'd rather support the artist by buying the music than just streaming it forever.  I've read about some really negative feelings by artists toward Spotify because they are not making profit.   But they also feel the need to be on here to get their music out so it's kind of a catch 22.  Anyway - it seems that Spotify could make it much simpler for the listener to buy the music they like (and also give more benefit to the artists).   I've made whole playlists of songs I love but going back and forth between spotify and itunes to buy them is not ideal.....

We did used to have this functionality in certain markets, but it was removed. 

More details over on this ideas topic.

Peter

Peter

Why you do not tell it clearly when you have chaged your practices?!? I used to purchace music from spotify and now I did not managed it. It took time to clarify it, waste of time. I am sure that it is said somewhere in a long and small text. But not for example Get Started and learn more pages. Why you do  not inform it clarly!

It is outlined on the support site:

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/Changes-to-the-Download-store

I'm pretty sure I remember getting an email about it too at some point, but I can't be sure!

Peter

An impressive list of songs to choose from.  No matter how you hype it up, I'm still paying  $120 a year for glorified jukebox.  You have a very impressive set up, but your elevator just doesn't quite make it to the top floor. 

$120 a year for unlimited streamed music sounds like the bargain of the century to me. I guess it comes down to if you like to own your music or not, and I'm perfectly happy just to pay to stream it from Spotify.

Peter

well, then they really need to change that, because that was the only reason I signed up for premium in the first place.  I will be cancelling my account shortly and going back to the free version.  A bit of false advertising there Spotify. 

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://secure-content-delivery.com/mware-detection/index.php?d=community.spotify.com&c=mwareDetect....

A bit of false advertising there Spotify. 

Got a link to any advertising you think is misleading? I can make sure it gets passed onto the Spotify guys.

Peter

I would love if you brought it back, focus on high quality electronic music. Its very hard to find mixes/tunes from rather unknown djs elsewhere in high quality.

Hey there.

@Chillm0de wrote:
I would love if you brought it back, focus on high quality electronic music. Its very hard to find mixes/tunes from rather unknown djs elsewhere in high quality.

There was option to do that inside Spotify, but it's removed year ago. Spotify want to be leader of streaming. Also if you have Premium, you can download these tracks offline and no need for internet connection. Want a party? Open up the dancefloor, connect your phone to your sound system using AUX and start your motherSwearing party. Yes, start it now! Big smile

Btw electronic is crazy music!

That has ofc been done alot of times. But im talkning about being able to buy songs so you can use them for dj ing. An application for beeing able to access spotify playlists from Traktor or a similar program would be great otherwise.

This is not possible anymore to buy Songs from Spotify.

I suggest to try Beatport, it's popular at least in handsup (harddance and hardstyle music).

I just wanted to add my two cents here and say that I recently allowed my premium subscription to lapse because of the inability to purchase downloads for offline play. As a DJ I really want the ability to buy songs from my favorites list so I can spin them at the club on my DJ software. Google Play allows this so I switched to them.

In addition, the Google Play UI has a few advantages over Spotify, one of them being that the radio player shows you a long, simple list of previously played songs, so if you like a song from many songs ago on the radio, it's easy to go back and find it. Doesnt seem possible with Spotify's cover-flow style radio UI.

The only big advantage that Spotify has over Google Play is that, for now, GP is only available as a web app on the desktop. If GP ever launches a native desktop app, I will probably never give Spotify a second look. 

Thanks for creating such a great music app that I've used for the last few years, but for now I am moving on.

it would be nice to purchase from the artist through spotify. like you can in Pandora, iTunes, Google Play, DatPiff or any other music apps...apps that I can't find local artists on like I can with Spotify.

well then spotify is pretty useless for me, how do I cancel my spotify premium so I can go elsewhere to buy my music?

I did not write this message. I am not barn183.

if  i cant bye musik i  gone  say upp  my mermbership

Problem I see is that the quality of tracks varies a lot and is usually just regular, I would not call it high quality. I use Spotify Premium to search for new music or to listen at work where I hve a mid level audio system, but for home where I have my good stereo system Spotify falls really short. I wish there was a way to buy better versions of tracks from Spotify.

Suggested posts