Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to buy songs?

Solved!

How to buy songs?

Hey there,

this may sound like a real stupid question, but how do I buy songs? I have Spotify Premium and according to the FAQ it is possible to buy songs and get them as MP3. Now I just can't figure out how to Download them (and yes, I tried right clicking on them , but in the Pop-Up menu there is no such point.)

However, I am able to make songs available Offline (since I have Premium) , but I guess this is not the same as buying songs, because I want them as MP3.

Maybe anyone can clarify this for me?

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

The FAQs are in need of updating, it is no longer possible to purchase tracks through Spotify as mp3's as the downloads store has been recently removed from all countries (it was never available everywhere) whilst they focus on new streaming features and improving the service. 

I would suggest you have a read at this FAQ about the downloads store as well as the main topic on this issue here.

At present, Spotify have not ruled out the return of the downloads store in the future, but there are no current plans to restore it. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

54 Replies
Marked as solution

The FAQs are in need of updating, it is no longer possible to purchase tracks through Spotify as mp3's as the downloads store has been recently removed from all countries (it was never available everywhere) whilst they focus on new streaming features and improving the service. 

I would suggest you have a read at this FAQ about the downloads store as well as the main topic on this issue here.

At present, Spotify have not ruled out the return of the downloads store in the future, but there are no current plans to restore it. 

Peter

Peter

Hey there,

thank you for your answer 🙂 

That cleared things up for me! Thank you very much!!!

Best Regards

Flipp

But is it still possible to put them on your iPod? or also not? Because i purchased spotify Premium to put music on my iPod... Secondly i don't understand why, (i just upgraded to spotify premium) but when i want to download a song, he asks me if i'm sure i want to buy this song? But i thought that for the 9.99 i could download songs unlimited? Or do i have to pay for the music above the 9.99? where is the 9.99 for in that case?

@Amarelsahli wrote:

But is it still possible to put them on your iPod? or also not? Because i purchased spotify Premium to put music on my iPod... Secondly i don't understand why, (i just upgraded to spotify premium) but when i want to download a song, he asks me if i'm sure i want to buy this song? But i thought that for the 9.99 i could download songs unlimited? Or do i have to pay for the music above the 9.99? where is the 9.99 for in that case?

Spotify premium gives you unlimited, high quality, advert free streaming from the massive Spotify online music catalogue as well as access to Spotify on your mobile devices using the Spotify app (supported platforms are Android, iPhone, iPod Touch, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7, Symbian) and the ability to make playlists available offline inside the Spotify client/app for use when you do not have any internet connection. 

Spotify premium does not give you access to downloading tracks as mp3's or use of tracks outside of the Spotify ecosystem. If your iPod is not a Touch, then you can not use your Spotify premium subscription for content on that device. You will need to find, purchase and download tracks from another source. You can however use the Spotify client to transfer any tracks that you own to your iPod, just like iTunes can. 

Peter

Peter

So.. with spotify premium i don't own the tracks? i still have to pay for it?

I'm sorry but i'm really not getting the idea.. the only 'extra' thing i can do with spotify premium is to listen to the music on a few devices, such as my iPhone? so only if you download the spotify app on the device.. otherwise you can't. But within these 9.99, i still don't own any song? i have to pay for that above it?

That is correct! Oh and you get high quality streaming (320 KB/s).

Spotify is a streaming platform after all.

Besides, did you really think you pay 10 euros and can download as many mp3s as you want while other (legal) platforms offer them for 1 euro + each song? 😛

yeah .. it's not the first time i hear i'm quite naive. So yup!! It's because on the website stood that i could use them at my iPod, by the way : 'deezer' makes it possible to put them on the iPod..

Yea I'm with you at this point.

They should definitely make that clearer that it's only iPod Touch. Nano works too but only for local sync (songs you own as mp3).

But don't worry, you're not the first one who misunderstood that. 😉

@Amarelsahli wrote:

by the way : 'deezer' makes it possible to put them on the iPod..

The iPod Touch, yes. Just like we do. 

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

What can we do to persuade Spotify to bring this feature back?  Even if only for premium members?  it used to work really well - buying in batches and the songs were already on our playlists.

@moga wrote:

What can we do to persuade Spotify to bring this feature back?  Even if only for premium members?  it used to work really well - buying in batches and the songs were already on our playlists.

Add you kudos and comments of support to this ideas topic

Peter

Peter

So how to use this tracks in car where is no PC or Mobile attached?  I need tracks on cd or SD drive. Sorry, please can you clarify.

Regards, Rope

Sorry guys in SF but you are going to lose this battle if you are not selling the tunes. Someone will develop ripping app to do this from your service... I have seen this already and it is not really good for your business.

Hey there!

Some ripping apps are actually mother**bleep**ing full with viruses! There is always folks that don't understand that with Spotify you can offline tracks for listening without Internet. Why in the earth someone need ripping apps or money for music purchasing???

Also remember to check your PC from viruses after downloading some rippers. I personally have seen one that try also install some mother**bleep**ing viruses and trojans when you try to rip songs.

Heip,

Still you did not answer how to use these songs that you pay for monthly and UNLIMITED playing time on  your PC in your car from cd or memory stick or from the SD card? It ain't no possible.

Bought already everything that I needed from iTunes and Spotify sucks in this way.

What about to develop Spotify app that works offline on memory stick or iPhone???

Regards, Rope

p.s. I know that those ripping apps are full of troijans...

That is a pain...when do you intend to re-establish buying? I don't want to pay a premium subscription. Spotify was great when you could listen to a whole album and then buy...all in the one site - perfect. Now that means I have to go to Amazon, or, god-forbid, i-tunes to purchase what I have just listened to...doesn't make sense to me. Plus you are losing revenue! Explain please.

@Zimmy wrote:

That is a pain...when do you intend to re-establish buying? I don't want to pay a premium subscription. Spotify was great when you could listen to a whole album and then buy...all in the one site - perfect. Now that means I have to go to Amazon, or, god-forbid, i-tunes to purchase what I have just listened to...doesn't make sense to me. Plus you are losing revenue! Explain please.

Spotify currently have no plans to bring back the downloads store. 

There is a full staff response to my feature request topic here if you fancy a read. 

Peter

Peter

How do I do to buy songs?

How do I ad a tag?

It was easier before, why not now?

Mikael Sylwan

You can't buy songs from Spotify. Music in the Spotify database is tagged by the publishers so there is no option to change the tags.

Suggested posts