Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is this really where we are now?

Is this really where we are now?

So, I know this will be deleted and whatever but seriously; is this really where we are today? Whatever you do and whatever you think is reasonable and all good but when we have "pronouns" to determine "what" we are within a forum setting is nothing more than idiotic. Your "pronoun" is determined by what you see when you look in your underwear. Nothing more or less. God made you what you are. What a sick world we live in today.

6 Replies

AMEN!! I wish the whole world could hear this:) 

I’m 99% sure we’ll never agree on this one, but just wanted to say I think it’s very nice that Spotify cares about inclusivity. I work with LGBT+-youth and small things like this can really make their day. 

It’s sad to see you are feeling frustrated because of the choices of other people and giving people the optional possibilty to express themselves.

I am sure you can always find topics that you don’t like about others, why not focus on what you have in common with another or what you do like? 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Not to be mean or anything but  t2uorn8vy58ewnj0k61  is right because God made every person just the way He wanted them to be and no one should be telling someone else that they should change the way they "look" or what they are "called" because the God of the Universe wants everyone to be just the way He made them to be and telling someone else otherwise is just wrong.  Do you think it is okay to support something that God says is completely wrong? The Bible says "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." We should not follow the patterns of this world, but follow the way of Jesus Christ and if we believe in Him and trust Him you will have eternal life:)

Aahh, yeah I’m sorry I am not religious at all so I’m afraid arguments involving god do not really work for me. 

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Just because a delusion "makes somebody's day", that does not make it truth.

Let's say a little boy says he is in fact a Deinonychus, even though biologically he is not a dinosaur. He clearly insists people should refer to him as such; referring to him as H0m0 sapiens as opposed to Deinonychus antirrhopus would be sacrosanct. And perhaps later in life this little boy stays true to his deusions; he starts modifying his fingers and toes to look like sharp claws, he tars feathers to his arms and fingers, and he runs around naked, because who needs clothes when you've got feathers? Then he decides this simply isn't enough - he's gotta eat like a Deinonychus too, so he goes off in the middle of the night and plans a sneak-attack on one of Farmer Joe's cows, pinning it down with his feet and ripping it at the throat, just as nature intended. This could go many ways: the cow could trample him out of fear, Farmer Joe may shoot him fearing a wild animal is on the loose, or he may even survive . . . and get seriously ill from eating dirty cow hair and raw cow flesh.

The point is, if you see a girl who prefers to be referred to as "he/him", or a boy as "she/her", or any of the other ridiculous "neopronouns", don't. You are doing a disservice to grammar and biology. Potentially dangerous delusions may be sustained. And the Deinonychus example was not for allegory - there exist people on the Internet - "otherkin" (catchall term for identifying as anything nonhuman, typically an anthropomorphized and/or mythical creature)/"godkin" (identifying as a deity)/"therian" (identifying as a wild animal as opposed to an anthropomorphized one)/"factkin" (identifying as a real person, historical or living)/"fictionkin" (identifying as a fictional character) who seem to think that they're some kind of nonhuman animal or entity. At best, they may receive scorn from society. At worst, they may end up with their whole life in ruins, as evidenced by figures such as Christian Weston Chandler.

why be upset over a feature you don't have to use if you don't want to? It is not hurting anyone. I don't understand why people need to be negative and bring others down over things that don't hurt anyone... 

Suggested posts