Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Lights out for the community!

Lights out for the community!

Hey!

Ever woke up after a night with too less sleep and wanted to check the Spotify community?

Ever sat in the evening in a darker room and wanted to check the Spotify community?

- > Flash attack from the bright design!

Just turn off the lights with 1 click! All you need to do is install my dark community design for Stylish here.

Okay enough with the commercials! 😛

I've created a darker design for the Spotify Community forum that you can install with an add-on called Stylish (Firefox - Chrome).

The link for the design is here.

While you're at it, you can also check out my darker design for the Spotify WebPlayer!

Enjoy. 😉

Home.jpg

IdeasExchange.jpg

Posts.jpg

Profile.jpg

41 Replies

Now if we could only get back the dark backgrounds in Spotify itself...

@Svish wrote:

Now if we could only get back the dark backgrounds in Spotify itself...

Totally agree! If you haven't added your kudos to this idea then please do so. 😉

As mentioned, you might also try my dark design for the WebPlayer - of course that's not a solution for the desktop player, but better than nothing!

Looks awesome Premify! 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

@Greg wrote:

Looks awesome Premify! 

Thanks Greg - glad you like it! 🙂

Thank you! I work nights so when I'm home on the weekends I can use this as to not bother the wife while she sleeps!

dungbeetle.jpg

How did I miss this? Awesome stuff, Prem. Thank you 🙂

Good to know that someone can use it! Thanks for the feedback. 😉

Some small updates for the skin:

- Minor color changes
- Some color fixes of the boxes at the right side
- Sticky topics have a different background color now so they can be easily identified
- Highlighted text has a black background now
- Some color fixes of the community blog section

Looks good 🙂

Only issue is that the borders make it look funny, as does the PM icon 😞

Also, the TinyMCE box needs the background changed 😜

Anyhow, nice!

Liam

@LiamW wrote:

Looks good 🙂

Anyhow, nice!

Liam

Thanks Liam! 🙂

Yea this darn new PM icon haha. Well that is cause the icon is a block with white background (lazy design!) and I don't want to use my own icons. 😛 About the borders, well - I guess that's a matter of taste. I personally think it looks alright that way!

The TinyMCE box is totally weird. I tried to skin it and it works just fine on Firefox (background turns dark) - but Chrome refuses to accept it. However the HTML box changes the color correctly. Strange!

@Premify wrote:

@LiamW wrote:

Looks good 🙂

Anyhow, nice!

Liam

Thanks Liam! 🙂

Yea this darn new PM icon haha. Well that is cause the icon is a block with white background (lazy design!) and I don't want to use my own icons. 😛 About the borders, well - I guess that's a matter of taste. I personally think it looks alright that way!

The TinyMCE box is totally weird. I tried to skin it and it works just fine on Firefox (background turns dark) - but Chrome refuses to accept it. However the HTML box changes the color correctly. Strange!

I'm trying to do it now, and it's a pain. Nothing is working. I like the standard borders, but on some elements (your recent posts), it doesn't look right...

Anyhow 😛

Liam

P.S Does this change the quote padding, or has that finally been fixed 😛

@LiamW wrote:

@Premify wrote:

@LiamW wrote:

Looks good 🙂

Anyhow, nice!

Liam

Thanks Liam! 🙂

I'm trying to do it now, and it's a pain. Nothing is working. I like the standard borders, but on some elements (your recent posts), it doesn't look right...

Anyhow 😛

Liam

Nope that's my doing hehe!

Funny to see the difference on this quote here with the default skin ... should really be fixed there too! 😛

@Premify wrote:

@LiamW wrote:

@Premify wrote:

@LiamW wrote:

Looks good 🙂

Anyhow, nice!

Liam

Thanks Liam! 🙂

Anyhow 😛

Liam

Nope that's my doing hehe!

Funny to see the difference on this quote here with the default skin ... should really be fixed there too! 😛

True, and they said they can't fix it. Although a quick bit of CSS would.

@Goodman... get to it 😉

So, I've at least updated the letter icon now to a green envelop again.

Letter.JPG

Feel free to update. 😉

@Premify wrote:

So, I've at least updated the letter icon now to a green envelop again.

Letter.JPG

Feel free to update. 😉

Updated 🙂

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Alright here is a bigger update now - make sure to get it - it makes the skin so much better! Click here. 🙂

- Small changes to the design to make the look cleaner and more consistent
- Completely rewritten the code to make it faster and easier to update
- A lot of small fixes (e.g. boxes black font at right side)
- Cool new design for the log in screen
- Tabs got redesigned to look more stylish
- Community FAQ updated
- Some Super user features updated

I've paid attention to a lot of detail this time, so everything *should* be styled. However, some elements work only on Chrome - not on Firefox and vice versa. So if you find something that needs to get changed still - feel free to point it out here. 😉

The best about this update is, besides the huge amount of fixes, the log in screen - just love it now haha 😄

Login.jpg

Personally I'm using a grid background (fullscreen), what do you think about it? 😉

Grid view.jpg

Some more updates:

- Changed the buttons' color to a more vivid green like it was before
- Changed back to the former width of the post box - no sidebar in post views
- Update of the right side boxes: centered text & font color

- Some small fixes here and there

As always, you can get it here. 😉

@Marco Did someone turn the lights back on today or is it just me?

Suggested posts