Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lights out for the community!

Lights out for the community!

Hey!

Ever woke up after a night with too less sleep and wanted to check the Spotify community?

Ever sat in the evening in a darker room and wanted to check the Spotify community?

- > Flash attack from the bright design!

Just turn off the lights with 1 click! All you need to do is install my dark community design for Stylish here.

Okay enough with the commercials! 😛

I've created a darker design for the Spotify Community forum that you can install with an add-on called Stylish (Firefox - Chrome).

The link for the design is here.

While you're at it, you can also check out my darker design for the Spotify WebPlayer!

Enjoy. 😉

Home.jpg

IdeasExchange.jpg

Posts.jpg

Profile.jpg

41 Replies

Now if we could only get back the dark backgrounds in Spotify itself...

@Svish wrote:

Now if we could only get back the dark backgrounds in Spotify itself...

Totally agree! If you haven't added your kudos to this idea then please do so. 😉

As mentioned, you might also try my dark design for the WebPlayer - of course that's not a solution for the desktop player, but better than nothing!

Looks awesome Premify! 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

@Greg wrote:

Looks awesome Premify! 

Thanks Greg - glad you like it! 🙂

Thank you! I work nights so when I'm home on the weekends I can use this as to not bother the wife while she sleeps!

dungbeetle.jpg

How did I miss this? Awesome stuff, Prem. Thank you 🙂

Good to know that someone can use it! Thanks for the feedback. 😉

Some small updates for the skin:

- Minor color changes
- Some color fixes of the boxes at the right side
- Sticky topics have a different background color now so they can be easily identified
- Highlighted text has a black background now
- Some color fixes of the community blog section

Looks good 🙂

Only issue is that the borders make it look funny, as does the PM icon 😞

Also, the TinyMCE box needs the background changed 😜

Anyhow, nice!

Liam

@LiamW wrote:

Looks good 🙂

Anyhow, nice!

Liam

Thanks Liam! 🙂

Yea this darn new PM icon haha. Well that is cause the icon is a block with white background (lazy design!) and I don't want to use my own icons. 😛 About the borders, well - I guess that's a matter of taste. I personally think it looks alright that way!

The TinyMCE box is totally weird. I tried to skin it and it works just fine on Firefox (background turns dark) - but Chrome refuses to accept it. However the HTML box changes the color correctly. Strange!

@Premify wrote:

@LiamW wrote:

Looks good 🙂

Anyhow, nice!

Liam

Thanks Liam! 🙂

Yea this darn new PM icon haha. Well that is cause the icon is a block with white background (lazy design!) and I don't want to use my own icons. 😛 About the borders, well - I guess that's a matter of taste. I personally think it looks alright that way!

The TinyMCE box is totally weird. I tried to skin it and it works just fine on Firefox (background turns dark) - but Chrome refuses to accept it. However the HTML box changes the color correctly. Strange!

I'm trying to do it now, and it's a pain. Nothing is working. I like the standard borders, but on some elements (your recent posts), it doesn't look right...

Anyhow 😛

Liam

P.S Does this change the quote padding, or has that finally been fixed 😛

@LiamW wrote:

@Premify wrote:

@LiamW wrote:

Looks good 🙂

Anyhow, nice!

Liam

Thanks Liam! 🙂

I'm trying to do it now, and it's a pain. Nothing is working. I like the standard borders, but on some elements (your recent posts), it doesn't look right...

Anyhow 😛

Liam

Nope that's my doing hehe!

Funny to see the difference on this quote here with the default skin ... should really be fixed there too! 😛

@Premify wrote:

@LiamW wrote:

@Premify wrote:

@LiamW wrote:

Looks good 🙂

Anyhow, nice!

Liam

Thanks Liam! 🙂

Anyhow 😛

Liam

Nope that's my doing hehe!

Funny to see the difference on this quote here with the default skin ... should really be fixed there too! 😛

True, and they said they can't fix it. Although a quick bit of CSS would.

@Goodman... get to it 😉

So, I've at least updated the letter icon now to a green envelop again.

Letter.JPG

Feel free to update. 😉

@Premify wrote:

So, I've at least updated the letter icon now to a green envelop again.

Letter.JPG

Feel free to update. 😉

Updated 🙂

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Alright here is a bigger update now - make sure to get it - it makes the skin so much better! Click here. 🙂

- Small changes to the design to make the look cleaner and more consistent
- Completely rewritten the code to make it faster and easier to update
- A lot of small fixes (e.g. boxes black font at right side)
- Cool new design for the log in screen
- Tabs got redesigned to look more stylish
- Community FAQ updated
- Some Super user features updated

I've paid attention to a lot of detail this time, so everything *should* be styled. However, some elements work only on Chrome - not on Firefox and vice versa. So if you find something that needs to get changed still - feel free to point it out here. 😉

The best about this update is, besides the huge amount of fixes, the log in screen - just love it now haha 😄

Login.jpg

Personally I'm using a grid background (fullscreen), what do you think about it? 😉

Grid view.jpg

Some more updates:

- Changed the buttons' color to a more vivid green like it was before
- Changed back to the former width of the post box - no sidebar in post views
- Update of the right side boxes: centered text & font color

- Some small fixes here and there

As always, you can get it here. 😉

@Marco Did someone turn the lights back on today or is it just me?

Suggested posts