Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Question of the week: Stack-up?

Question of the week: Stack-up?

Good Friday everyone 🎧🖤

Time to put away the week's baggage and let your hair down 💅

Also, it's time for you to share with us some track/s from your library which you got from friends and now completely love.

The idea is to have each post have one more track than the previous, beginning at 3 songs in the first reply.

Have a great weekend 🎼🖤

TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
My project-1.jpg
3 Replies

This list was really hard to make because I stay on top of the latest releases, therefore I'm the one usually recommending songs to my friends. 🤣

However, there are a few tracks my cousin brought to my attention before I knew of their existence. They are some of my favorite tracks to date. 😊

The first is "All Me" by Kehlani. I was familiar with the song from the teaser she shared on her social earlier that year, however, I did not know Keyshia Cole was a guest artist. I was pleasantly surprised! 

https://open.spotify.com/track/3ucRKbRlikYHyoI17gfR0c?si=eb1ec10108184397

The remaining songs are from a Spanish soap opera about a Colombian singer/songwriter taking revenge on the man who send her to jail and made a career with the songs he stole from her 🤧.

I was not expecting the soundtrack to be SO GOOD! There are a few songs I love, however, these are my TOP 2.

https://open.spotify.com/track/2v9WmS9Epu9RP2dfoD5G1m?si=066daaeef722409b

https://open.spotify.com/track/6XgbGIuf9j7nyF6H7ODeUd?si=dcefb09ba47e49e6

I look forward to seeing what everyone else shares. 😊

Great question, @Taylith!

The first two songs I’ll share are ones that I discovered from attending a recent listening party hosted by @StompingLlama (both are songs that he added to the collaborative playlist we were listening to):

• Despite already having two tracks from this album by the instrumental psychedelic/stoner rock band Grotto in my Spotify library, for some reason I hadn’t paid much attention to their song “Giant’s Den”; however, I think it sounds amazing and I immediately saved it to my Spotify library upon hearing it.

spotify:track:0F1Ahb9ukWPSeI312bLoR9:small

• Later during the listening party, I heard “Eclipse” by the psychedelic/stoner rock band Arenna for the first time. I thought it sounded quite nice, but it wasn’t until just a few days ago that I revisited this song and realized just how amazing it is, proceeding to add it to my playlists as well.

spotify:track:6Qn4Cl6n0lr1A7ZOrL04ly:small 

The other two songs I’ll share are ones shared by @Soundofus last year in his playlist that is regularly updated on Wednesdays, which includes new music in the psychedelic- and space rock genres (last year it was called “[New Releases] #AltWednesday (Psyche/Space/Alt.)” and this year, it’s called “[New Releases] Psyche Space 2022”).

• I hadn’t heard of the psychedelic rock band Congulus before discovering their song “Kervan” in this playlist, but I greatly enjoyed listening to it and immediately added it to my playlists that day. Later I added 2 other songs from this same EP to my playlists as well.

spotify:track:0KmhP9VXMdDhE5BlxkAhpn:small 

• “Irrlichter” by the psychedelic/space/krautrock band Acid Rooster is another discovery that I found on this cool playlist last year, and added to my own playlists after hearing it for the first time. "Irrlichter" is also still my favorite song by Acid Rooster.

spotify:track:3mces3vfC3EQnvb9qorT8R:small 

Cheers!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts