Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Texting with friends on group sessions

Solved!

Texting with friends on group sessions

I'd like to text with friends while listening to group session through Spotify.  Could you please work something out with Signal?😜

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Discord is pretty good at this sort of thing and Spotify is widely adopted as the default platform for organising listening parties. Largely because it's so easily available for everyone as well as the Spotify integration with Discord.

You can connect Spotify to your Discord account and when you choose to, your current listening activity is displayed on your account. People can also listen along with you if they have Premium, or they can listen to your song on their Spotify app.
The listen-along feature is great for people who are late to the party and still wish to join :')

A bot with countdown feature so everyone can hit play at once is all that's needed. I guess there's a million of those; I use Gowon because I also do Last.fm.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I use Google Chat (Formerly Google Hangouts). You just use e-mail addresses; it's better, since people don't have to give their phone numbers out.

Follow me

Thanks for the advice 🐱

You're welcome. It would be cool to have a chat feature built in, though.

Follow me

Marked as solution

Discord is pretty good at this sort of thing and Spotify is widely adopted as the default platform for organising listening parties. Largely because it's so easily available for everyone as well as the Spotify integration with Discord.

You can connect Spotify to your Discord account and when you choose to, your current listening activity is displayed on your account. People can also listen along with you if they have Premium, or they can listen to your song on their Spotify app.
The listen-along feature is great for people who are late to the party and still wish to join :')

A bot with countdown feature so everyone can hit play at once is all that's needed. I guess there's a million of those; I use Gowon because I also do Last.fm.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts