Premium

Country

USA

Device

android , linux, chromebook

Operating System

android , linux, chromeos

My Question or Issue

I was just wondering why this forum receives so many entries with nothing on it ?

It could be argued this this message itself has nothing on it.  But, I am talking about people are sending messages into this forum that are actually blank...nothing.  This in turn shows up on my reader app, and I am thinking well something new on the Spotify front, but alas, it is a false positive,  Nothing.  

Is there a moderator to this forum ?  Perhaps they could filter this out. 

3 Replies

Hey @freelsjd,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

It's quite odd behaviour indeed. I usually remove all empty posts I come across, but I don't know how the others handle it. 🙂

If you find any more empty posts, please link them here and I'll take a look!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

There have been several more blank entries.  After observing a few, my theory as to why is that the form to send in a question is confusing to the user.  At first, I was also confused, but eventually, I figured it out.  The form has information printed in the entries as examples, but perhaps the user is interpreting this as the result of a diagnostic ?  Anyway, the user may think the form is complete, when it is not, but blank.  Then writes his question, and sends it in. But because the form is mostly empty the system does not accept the comment or question, and then just shows a blank entry to the forum.  Maybe a better-explained form entry would fix this problem.  Probably missing a bunch of users not getting answers to questions.

Hey @freelsjd,

Thanks for getting back.

As mentioned in my previous post, feel free to share links to those posts. 🙂

The ones I've seen are primarily from users who don't make the impression of actually needing help. When creating a post, you're asked to enter a subject and they don't even use that field properly, even though it's empty.

Here are some examples:

Maxim_0-1696053233426.png

Maxim_1-1696053275469.png

Maxim_2-1696053297656.png

Maxim_0-1696053458065.png

Maxim_1-1696053487005.png

There are also cases that apply to your theory, but it's only very few compared to those nonsense posts pictured above. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts