Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

API extended quotas rejected by transfer reason

API extended quotas rejected by transfer reason

Good day. I am a developer for the Android app Audiolist (Client ID: f6283e89e22843deb2d46304fa7c6b98), and I would like to obtain an extended quotation for the Spotify API in order to publish the app on Google Play. Unfortunately, my request has been denied twice.

The main reason is: "Do not enable the transfer of data to another service, except for the purpose of enabling a user to transfer their personal data, or the metadata of the user's playlists to another service. Please note that Spotify created playlists cannot be transferred".

The reason for this is quite common. I have several additional questions that require clarification:
  • "Spotify created playlists": does this mean only playlists created by "Spotify"?
  • What about generative playlists like "the sound of *"  or playlists from other users available via search? 
  • What happens if the user adds a playlist to their favorites? Or copies and pastes all the tracks to a new playlist?
  • The same issues with recommendations. What happens if the user adds them to their own playlist? 
  • Or imagine a situation where the user creates a new playlist using Audiolist features in only the Spotify service, and then the next week they request to transfer it to another service.
I agree to filter tracks when the user requests to transfer them to another service. However, where is the line between the user's authority and Spotify's playlist authority?
1 Reply

Hello? 

Suggested posts