Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trim Feature

Trim Feature

As a daily Spotify user who enjoys exploring a wide range of music genres, I have identified an opportunity for an additional feature that I believe could significantly enhance the user experience. This feature, which I call the 'Trim Feature', could potentially bring a new dimension to how users interact with Spotify. The trim feature would let us personalize our music even more by letting us snip certain parts of a song or track and share to our friends or family in various platforms. It's all about deepening our connection with the music we love. This cool addition could change how we all use music streaming platforms and could set a new trend in the industry.

Problem: 

People around the world share a universal love for music, and the platform they consistently turn to for their musical needs is Spotify. Sometimes, people turn to music to articulate their deepest thoughts and emotions, those words that are difficult to express otherwise. In such instances, Spotify becomes more than just a music streaming platform; it transforms into a conduit for self-expression, allowing users to communicate their unspoken words through the power of music.

-->I observed that, people these days is sending a link of the song along with a timestamp so the listeners can easily locate the specific section of the song, especially those that align with their personal experiences or emotions. 

Solution: 

--> Make a Trim Feature, this will allow users to share specific song parts without sending a link along with a timestamp. This feature will enhance the user experience, as listeners won't need to manually find the section of the song they want to hear. Additionally, this feature is included with a note field, where the creator can leave a message for the listener to read when they open the link.

For the web version: 

Trim icon is visible in the bottom right

Users can trim the song up to 5-60 seconds and share via copying the link. They can also add notes, but these are only viewable within the Spotify app.

Copying the link is the only sharing option available on the web app

The sender of the link can also open the link they sent and view the notes they've shared.

Users can also share and re-trim t he songs they receive both mobile and web app.

It would be ideal for web app users to be directed to the song with its corresponding lyrics displayed when they click the link (refer to the bottom picture).

Receiver of the link for web version

When the link is opened, users will be directed to their web app, the song will starts to play on loop and a pop-up message will show with the sender's name, the time the song was sent, and the listener count (this is counted per user who listened/view the link).

The note from this feature will only appear if it's opened in the app.

Copying the link is the only sharing option available on the web app

The sender of the link can also open the link they sent and view the notes they've shared.

Users can also share and re-trim the songs they receive both mobile and web app.

It would be ideal for web app users to be directed to the song with its corresponding lyrics displayed when they click the link (refer to the bottom picture).

For Mobile Version

Trim icon is visible in the bottom right

Users can trim the song up to 5-60 seconds and share to various platforms. They can also add notes, but these are only viewable within the Spotify app.

Users can also share and re-trim the songs they receive both mobile and web app.

When users share a trimmed song from Spotify in their stories, the specific part they selected will play, not a random part of the song.

Receiver of the link for mobile app version

When the link is opened, users will be directed to their mobile app, the song will starts to play on loop and a pop-up message will show with the sender's name, the time the song was sent, and the listener count (this is counted per user who listened/view the link).

The note from this feature will only appear if it's opened in the app.

It's up to the Spotify team to change the rules for the time range of the song and how it will attribute to the artists, but this is my idea at hand.

Reasons why I made this feature

Everyone loves music

People often share songs, sometimes with timestamps for specific parts, to express their feelings. Music speaks the unspoken words that resonate with our hearts. This sentiment inspired me to create a trim feature for Spotify, so people can use music to speak on their behalf when they can't.

Adding a note to this feature makes it more enjoyable and unique. Imagine receiving a song playing in the background on loop while reading a note from a friend or loved one.

Effects having this feature in spotify

Enhanced Sharing Experience

Users get to share their favorite part of the song with their friends, family, or on their social media platforms! It's a fun, personal way to engage with others. This feature nudges users to share those special moments in a song they really enjoy, creating a warm, interactive space for all music lovers.

Increased Discoverability

By sharing trimmed segments of songs, users can introduce others to new music or highlight hidden gems within existing tracks. This can lead to increased discoverability of both popular songs and lesser-known tracks, as users share and explore different parts of the music they love.

Social Engagement

The trim feature sparks interaction and conversation among users! By sharing favorite song snippets, users can connect deeply and cultivate a dynamic community on Spotify. It's all about sharing and engaging with the music you love!

Increased Personalization

With the trim feature, users can highlight favorite song parts and leave notes, adding a personal touch to music sharing and enhancing engagement for both sharer and listener.

**bleep**

1 Reply

I already have design for this feature. I also made a full guide for this feature. Let me know if you wanna see it.

Suggested posts