Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• BeatPace
  • 119 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 119 replies
  • 19 likes

Using Spotify Web API songs metadata for commercial uses

I just want to pull metadata from songs via the Spotify Web API. Is it possible to do this for commercial purposes?

• Casual Listener
  • I just want to pull metadata from songs via the Spotify Web API. Is it possible to do this for commercial purposes?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[AAOS] Playing music through Spotify app

Hello Spotify, I'm working for a car manufacturer and we are working on an application that uses your Android SDK.The main purpose of the application is to play music through your application.Everything is working fine on Android mobile devices but n...

• Hello Spotify,   I'm working for a car manufacturer and we are working on an application that uses your Android SDK. The main purpose of the application is to play music through your app...
  • MichaelFerwer
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Does the plays from the Spotify Wix app count towards the plays?

Hi, this is ANNMS from https://www.annmsmusic.com/I have a question about the play count. Recently Wix has released a new app for Spotify, which, unlike the standard embed which can play max 15 seconds, can play the entire soundtrack.My question is, ...

• Visitor
  • Hi, this is ANNMS from https://www.annmsmusic.com/ I have a question about the play count. Recently Wix has released a new app for Spotify, which, unlike the standard embed which can play max 15 s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Are these features feasible for a custom app?

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States I represent an organization [unnamed at the moment] that plans on integrating spotify's APIs for their events. I wanted to ask a few questions while scouting the APIs to make sure I have the legalities in order. I have...

• Plan Premium Country United States     I represent an organization [unnamed at the moment] that plans on integrating spotify's APIs for their events. I wanted to ask a few questions w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to get up-to-date list of all albums and songs from Spotify API Ask Question

We are making an app where user can search for all albums, tracks and artists on Spotify. The Spotify search API does not provide any endpoint to get all albums or artists present in its stock, so we make use of the search end point to query albums t...

• Visitor
  • We are making an app where user can search for all albums, tracks and artists on Spotify. The Spotify search API does not provide any endpoint to get all albums or artists present in its stock, so we...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Getting error=invalid_scope when we authenticate with the Spotify app

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS My Question or Issue We are authenticating with the Spotify app but get the following URL callback: smoresapp://spotify-login-callback/?spotify_version=8.7.38.1353#error=invalid_scope This ...

• Music Fan
  • ...re using, although this error also happens even when I pass in an empty array for scopes (i.e. no scopes)!   Current scopes:  "user-read-private", "playlist-modify-public", "playlist-r...
  • shto
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Get Several Tracks occasionally returns HTTP 500

Calling the /v1/tracks endpoint will occasionally return a HTTP 500 error. The more ids are requested the more often 500 is returned.Example requests that will sometimes yield this error: https://api.spotify.com/v1/tracks/?ids=7DUY9yMOKsEndED75nhc7W%...

• Calling the /v1/tracks endpoint will occasionally return a HTTP 500 error. The more ids are requested the more often 500 is returned. Example requests that will sometimes yield this error:   ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution quota extension still waiting 2 weeks; Email follow up ignored, status is unreviewed

CountryUSDeviceN/A – developer app query My Question or IssueHi, Our company submitted an app called TIYA, a couple of weeks back for a quota extension. That was 14 days ago and we've not heard anything at all. Our coworker checked yesterday and noti...

• Country US Device N/A – developer app query   My Question or Issue Hi,   Our company submitted an app called TIYA, a couple of weeks back for a quota extension.    That ...
  • ohej
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Quota Extension
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify for Composers, Producers, and Songwriters

Providing opportunities for credited (preferably Songview and Muso.ai to gain access to Spotify stream data similar to Spotify for Artists, but specific for composer and songwriter. PlanFree/PremiumCountry - Worldwide Deviceiphone, Samsung, android, ...

• Music Fan
  • Providing opportunities for credited (preferably Songview and Muso.ai to gain access to Spotify stream data similar to Spotify for Artists, but specific for composer and songwriter.  Plan ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Add tracks to playlist API returns 50x

I created a new playlist with create playlist API. After I called API to add tracks to the playlist. As a result I got 500 or 503 errorI'm using spotify-web-api-node package for Node.js

• Casual Listener
  • I created a new playlist with create playlist API. After I called API to add tracks to the playlist. As a result I got 500 or 503 error I'm using spotify-web-api-node package for Node.js
  • alex_matviichuk
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution new access token are directly invalid since 1 day

Plan: FreeCountry: NetherlandsDevice: APII'm using the Spotify API and since about one day the service built on it doesn't work anymore. After some research I figured out that accesstokens are directly invalid. I'm able to obtain an accesstoken with ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Free Country: Netherlands Device: API I'm using the Spotify API and since about one day the service built on it doesn't work anymore. After some research I figured out that accesstoke...
  • kasperradio
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is there a possible way to change a playlist speed to 1.25x (all songs in playlist is 1.25x speed)

Hi, I have been using Spotify for a while now and there is one thing I have really wanted. Is there any possible way to change a playlist's speed? I am on a Windows Laptop and have a playlist I really want to change to a 1.25x speed.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have been using Spotify for a while now and there is one thing I have really wanted. Is there any possible way to change a playlist's speed?  I am on a Windows Laptop and have a playlist I...
  • birdsRreallycool
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution WebPlayback SDK stopped emitting account_error for non-Premium user's playback attempt

PlanFreeCountryGermanyDeviceWeb Playback SDK (Google Chrome Version 101.0.4951.41 (Official Build) (64-bit))Operating SystemUbuntu 20.04 My Question or Issue Hi there, Yesterday the Web Playback SDK stopped emitting "account_error" events for us when...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Free Country Germany Device Web Playback SDK (Google Chrome Version 101.0.4951.41 (Official Build) (64-bit)) Operating System Ubuntu 20.04   My Question or Issue   Hi t...
  • kruemeline
  • Gig Goer
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

download song from API and use it as background music in video

PlanFree My question is, Is it possible to download song From Spotify API and after converting it in mp3 we can set it as background music of a video same like ticktock videos, in which user can set any background music for video and post the video w...

•   Plan Free     My question is, Is it possible to download song From Spotify API and after converting it in mp3 we can set it as background music of a video same like ticktock vid...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • "Download song using API"
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mighty Vibe - Spotify MP3 Player

Hi, I was looking for an MP3 player that could connect to Spotify and play these songs offline without the need for a smartphone. I found the Mighty Vibe where the user can connect to Spotify via an app and then sync their playlist to the small MP3 p...

• Hi,   I was looking for an MP3 player that could connect to Spotify and play these songs offline without the need for a smartphone.   I found the Mighty Vibe where the user can connect ...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • external device
    Offline Access
    Offline Devices
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[API] How to get public playlists that aren't on a user's profile?

I want to be able to get a list of my own public playlists from the API regardless of whether they have been added to my profile or not. Currently when I make a request against /playlists I get the public playlists on my profile, but not those public...

• Visitor
  • I want to be able to get a list of my own public playlists from the API regardless of whether they have been added to my profile or not. Currently when I make a request against /playlists I get the public...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    Developer
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Listener data by city

I notice that services such as SoundCharts & ChartMetric have paid plans where you can access monthly listener data for an artist that even displays listeners by city.Is this information accurate?Also, how are they accessing this data, I can't seem t...

• Visitor
  • ...ccurate? Also, how are they accessing this data, I can't seem to find it on the public API.  
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web API
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

the play button on unadded music

Spotify should add the music play button back on unadded songs so that we can hear a snippet of the song from pressing it, I'm not sure why they took it off but it was a good feature/tool.

• Visitor
  • Spotify should add the music play button back on unadded songs so that we can hear a snippet of the song from pressing it, I'm not sure why they took it off but it was a good feature/tool.  
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

increase plays artificially?

so, i have coded an app using the Spotify api to reward users for streaming music on Spotify. user can be rewarded for any song, no exclusions. when requesting an upgrade to the API (so that i can make the app public) the response was: The Spotify Pl...

• Casual Listener
  • ...ake the app public) the response was:  The Spotify Platform can not be used to artificially increase play counts, follow counts or to otherwise manipulate the Spotify Service. For example, by u...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution 403 Accessing /me/top/artists or /me/player/recently-played

PlanFree/PremiumCountryAustralia DeviceMacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)Operating SystemOSX My Question or IssueI am using the web API from React using axios to get player information successfully by calling:https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/playerhttps://api....

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Australia   Device MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) Operating System OSX    My Question or Issue I am using the web API from React using axios to g...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes