Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• Naianasha
  • Music Fan
  • 133 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 133 replies
  • 20 likes

Recognition for third party app developers

Hey! Brouwers here.I have developed a third party app for spotify a while ago. Now i thought it'd be cool to be able to showcase it or at least show the name and the purpose of the app on your public profile. Also if you've been granted a quota exten...

• Regular
  • Hey! Brouwers here. I have developed a third party app for spotify a while ago. Now i thought it'd be cool to be able to showcase it or at least show the name and the purpose of the app on your public...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bonjour, est ce que la 2F est disponible ?

Aucune des informations ci-dessous n'est requise. Cependant, plus vous fournissez, plus il nous sera facile d'essayer d'aider.PlanificateurGratuitPaysFranceDispositifJe ne sais pasSystème opérateurWindows 10Ma question ou mon problèmeQuestion

• Visitor
  • Aucune des informations ci-dessous n'est requise. Cependant, plus vous fournissez, plus il nous sera facile d'essayer d'aider. Planificateur Gratuit Pays France Dispositif Je ne sais pas Systè...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

SPOTIFY API for commercials

Hi,We are creating a service using Spotify API for commercial usage.I am looking for sales / Support contact person to communicate the requirement and understand the commercials involved in the APIs. Thank you.

• Visitor
  • Hi, We are creating a service using Spotify API for commercial usage. I am looking for sales / Support contact person to communicate the requirement and understand the commercials involved in the A...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • API for commercials
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Using offset with 'Get Followed Artists' request

Hello, does anybody knows if it is possible to use offset when using a 'Get Followed Artist' request and how to use it?I have been trying adding the offset parameter to the query and I do not get the properly offseted list of items. Thank you PlanPre...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, does anybody knows if it is possible to use offset when using a 'Get Followed Artist' request and how to use it? I have been trying adding the offset parameter to the query and I do not get t...
  • bluetuz
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Artist Offset
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Get playlists ordered by name

Hello, is there a way to get the playlists of a user ordered by its name using the 'Get Current User's Playlists' request? PlanPremiumCountryESDeviceSamsung Galaxy Tab Active 3Operating SystemAndroid 11

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, is there a way to get the playlists of a user ordered by its name using the 'Get Current User's Playlists' request?   Plan Premium Country ES Device Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3 Op...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • playlist order
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to use API token refresh from my web app (newbie)

Hello, I'm not a pro developer but am skilled enough to be running API calls to collect ISRC codes for tracklists for a community-based online radio station. I've gotten it all working, requesting a token and running queries with it. My confusion is ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I'm not a pro developer but am skilled enough to be running API calls to collect ISRC codes for tracklists for a community-based online radio station.    I've gotten it all working...
  • kw0006667
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Posting Tracks at social networks

Hello! I'm an artist! "Charlie Spot" and i found kind of "bug" with sharing links on social media. Doing that action... only shows the name of the "first" artist and that is not fair for the others artists registered in the same track. i have attache...

• Hello!   I'm an artist! "Charlie Spot"   and i found kind of "bug" with sharing links on social media.   Doing that action... only shows the name of the "first" artist and that i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there a String Length Limit for the Search Endpoint Query String

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSADeviceiMac Late 2014Operating SystemmacOS Big Sir 11.6.4 (20G417) My Question or IssueWhen I attempt to execute the following query, either with Python or with the Spotify Developer Console, I get a 404 error. Does this erro...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country USA Device iMac Late 2014 Operating System macOS Big Sir 11.6.4 (20G417)   My Question or Issue When I attempt to execute the following query, either with Pyt...
  • barduck
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

new_releases endpoint seem incomplete

PlanPremiumCountryFR DeviceAPI through Spotipy My Question or IssueHi,I'm trying to build something to gather album releases from a specific genre but the API response seem not return all the album. For example at this date if you call the API you wi...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country FR   Device API through Spotipy   My Question or Issue Hi, I'm trying to build something to gather album releases from a specific genre but the API response s...
  • Dranaxel
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How to solve the INVALID_CLIENT: Invalid redirect URI error

My Question or Issue I have made a Spotify clone with react integrated with the Spotify Api. The app only has a client side I have deployed the app to netlify. Upon pressing the login button on the homepage, the get request is sent to the API to auth...

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue   I have made a Spotify clone with react integrated with the Spotify Api. The app only has a client side I have deployed the app to netlify.   Upon pressing the log...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist stops playing when It is in a miminzed tabs group in Chrome

Repro steps:1. Create a new tabs group including Spotify web.2. Start playing a playlist.3. Minimize tabs group.And finally, when the song that is playing ends the playlist'll stop abruptly for no reason.To create tabs group in Chrome:Right click in ...

• Visitor
  • Repro steps: 1. Create a new tabs group including Spotify web. 2. Start playing a playlist. 3. Minimize tabs group. And finally, when the song that is playing ends the playlist'll stop abruptly f...
  • sayerL
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Search API endpoint changed expected response

Hi, I just noticed that the Search endpoint is not returning the same results as of yesterday. For example if I used this query before: ```track:Electric Fling artist:Stefano Breda``` it would respond with like 20 items similar to that search [amongs...

• Hi, I just noticed that the Search endpoint is not returning the same results as of yesterday.    For example if I used this query before: ```track:Electric Fling artist:Stefano Bred...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Search API
    Search Track
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error 403 when starting playback on Discover Weekly

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceHomeAssistant VM initiating playback to Google Home MiniOperating SystemLinux My Question or IssueI have been having an issue with initiating playback of the Discover Weekly Playlist from HomeAssistant. I finally narrowed th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device HomeAssistant VM initiating playback to Google Home Mini Operating System Linux   My Question or Issue I have been having an issue with initiating playba...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Get location information about artist

Hi all, I have two questions regarding the "mostly listened to" location information about an artist:is it possible to retrieve this information via the API?if so, is it also possible to get a history of the locations and their respective counts?I ha...

• Visitor
  • Hi all,   I have two questions regarding the "mostly listened to" location information about an artist: is it possible to retrieve this information via the API? if so, is it also possible t...
  • omerta89
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • api
    artist
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Academic use of the Spotify Web API

I'm a university student. I want to use the data of the Spotify Web API (only audio features and analysis data of the tracks, not user data) for my research and graduation thesis.I don't use this commercially. How do I have to write about the citatio...

• I'm a university student. I want to use the data of the Spotify Web API (only audio features and analysis data of the tracks, not user data) for my research and graduation thesis. I don't use this c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

SPTAudioStreamingController throwing "Wrong username or password" when login player with accessToken

Hi, In my iOS application I am login user through SPTSessionManager and saving the given accessToken, refreshToken and expiration date. Later I refresh the access token 5 mins before the expiration. I want to play tracks using SPTAudioStreamingContro...

• Regular
  • Hi,  In my iOS application I am login user through SPTSessionManager and saving the given accessToken, refreshToken and expiration date. Later I refresh the access token 5 mins before the expir...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Developer question integrating spotify in mobile app
    player wont play correctly
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Obtaining authorization from Spotify to stream their content in my app

I have developed an app that utilizes the Spotify iOS SDK. Unfortunately, when I submitted my app to the Apple App Store, it was rejected. Apple provided the following information: “To resolve this issue, please attach documentary evidence in the App...

• Music Fan
  • I have developed an app that utilizes the Spotify iOS SDK. Unfortunately, when I submitted my app to the Apple App Store, it was rejected. Apple provided the following information:   “To resol...
  • RndTBit
  • Regular
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes
  • authorization
    Permission
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

What timestamp does played_at for recently played songs refer to?

My Question or IssueDoes the timestamp played_at refer to the time the track started playing, the time it finished playing or other? The documentation for this api call is unfortunately quite incomplete, it doesn't even say what it returns (ok it say...

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue Does the timestamp played_at refer to the time the track started playing, the time it finished playing or other?   The documentation for this api call is unfortunately qu...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Getting saved tracks returns inconsistent result for different offsets

PlanPremiumCountryGB DeviceIt's dev APIOperating SystemN/A My Question or IssueLast 2-3 days I started observing a strange behaviour - I'm requesting all the saved tracks for a user and for some of requests the API returns an empty result even though...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country GB   Device It's dev API Operating System N/A   My Question or Issue Last 2-3 days I started observing a strange behaviour - I'm requesting all the saved tra...
  • nicowelles
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

API search special characters

Hi, I'm trying to use the web API to search for songs and it seems like when I have some special characters in the search parameters it fails to find any songs. A very simple example of this is:```track:I'll Call You Mine artist:girl in red album:if ...

• Hi,   I'm trying to use the web API to search for songs and it seems like when I have some special characters in the search parameters it fails to find any songs.   A very simple exampl...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes