Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• Naianasha
  • Music Fan
  • 133 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 133 replies
  • 20 likes

Stream track like Tinder does

I'm a Tinder user; on there I'm allowed to pick a track and play it from Spotify. How do I do that on my own iOS app? Thanks in advance!

• Regular
  • 👋   I'm a Tinder user; on there I'm allowed to pick a track and play it from Spotify.  How do I do that on my own iOS app?    Thanks in advance!
  • Peter_Schorn
  • Roadie
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Eleven Table Tennis: Spotify Integration

Hello,I am the developer behind Eleven Table Tennis. It is a virtual reality table tennis simulator. Many of my users have requested spotify integration in our game. Is this possible, and if so, what are the next steps? -Roman

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I am the developer behind Eleven Table Tennis. It is a virtual reality table tennis simulator. Many of my users have requested spotify integration in our game. Is this possible, and if so, wh...
  • Stellarat
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

[Android][Developer] Developer needed so spotify will not auto start

Okay I'm done waiting for Spotify to fix the issue that it starts automatically in your car every single time you get in. Even the settings they have do not currently stop it from Auto starting. There is a simple solution and I have tested it I just ...

• Music Fan
  • Okay I'm done waiting for Spotify to fix the issue that it starts automatically in your car every single time you get in. Even the settings they have do not currently stop it from Auto starting. &nb...
  • Peter_Schorn
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Developer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Questions about App Ads

DearsI have question about all regulations. I saw Dndfy app which show me some tracks and some lists on their app. When I click the tracks my phone open spotify and track starts. But in the same app I'm seeing google ads. And they are offering adfree...

• Dears I have question about all regulations. I saw Dndfy app which show me some tracks and some lists on their app. When I click the tracks my phone open spotify and track starts. But in the same ap...
  • ohej
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Web SDK

Hey there,We are trying to use web sdk in order to play songs in our website , and following the docs we found that it is possible using only client id and secret without going through oauth screen where you open spoitfy login and grant access and th...

• Hey there, We are trying to use web sdk in order to play songs in our website , and following the docs we found that it is possible using only client id and secret without going through oauth screen...
  • ohej
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • websdk
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

500 Internal server error when removing songs from playlist.

Error: 500 Internal server errorEndpoint: https://api.spotify.com/v1/playlists/{playlist_id}/tracks When removing the 12th track from a playlist I always encountered this error in my application. I successfully recreated the error inside the Spotify ...

• Error: 500 Internal server error Endpoint: https://api.spotify.com/v1/playlists/{playlist_id}/tracks    When removing the 12th track from a playlist I always encountered this error in my...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 500 Internal server error
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to give Spotify team test access to unpublished app?

I'm asking permission for unlimited Spotify quota for my app. Spotify asks to review the app. My iOS app is not published on App store yet so it doesn't have url for access. Is there any way to give Spotify team a test access to iOS app?

• Casual Listener
  • I'm asking permission for unlimited Spotify quota for my app. Spotify asks to review the app. My iOS app is not published on App store yet so it doesn't have url for access. Is there any way to give ...
  • Peter_Schorn
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Quota Extension
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify SDK doesn't seem compatible with SharePoint framework anymore

We are a team of developers working on a product based on the SharePoint framework. The product we are working on has a couple of API integrations and one of them is Spotify's web player that is implemented using Spotify's Web SDK. A few months back ...

• Visitor
  • We are a team of developers working on a product based on the SharePoint framework. The product we are working on has a couple of API integrations and one of them is Spotify's web player that is impl...
  • obeobe
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

How to get playlist audio URL for play in VLC using web API

Hello Team, I need to playlist audio URL to play in my Roku. How to get playlist audio URL for play in VLC using web API.

• Hello Team,   I need to playlist audio URL to play in my Roku. How to get playlist audio URL for play in VLC using web API. 
  • muratyilmaz
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web API
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Auth user on spotify app with web api

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceRedmi Note 8 ProOperating System(Android) My Question or Issue I have web grand auth but i want to when user click button redirect to spotify app for auth permission request because in web user needs to write email, pass...

• Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Redmi Note 8 Pro Operating System (Android)   My Question or Issue   I have web grand auth but i want to when user click button redirect to spo...
  • Sibyl666
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • web
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Same artist with two IDs

These two artists are the same but have different ids. Is there some kind of redirection going on? https://open.spotify.com/artist/1yaQlQCA4vkEq2oyv4KNVJhttps://open.spotify.com/artist/7mFGOWJEkdlJBCXcJ5EWi9 If you call the /v1/artists endpoint with ...

• Music Fan
  • These two artists are the same but have different ids. Is there some kind of redirection going on?   https://open.spotify.com/artist/1yaQlQCA4vkEq2oyv4KNVJ https://open.spotify.com/artis...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

256KB Limit for Playlist Image API?

Hey guys,I was looking through Spotify's API and noticed the Upload Custom Playlist Image endpoint allows a maximum 256KB payload.I'm relatively new to APIs in general; does this mean this call would only work if the image is smaller than 256KB? If s...

• Regular
  • Hey guys, I was looking through Spotify's API and noticed the Upload Custom Playlist Image endpoint allows a maximum 256KB payload. I'm relatively new to APIs in general; does this mean th...
  • Peter_Schorn
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

401 Unauthorized Error After Quota Extension

We were recently approved for a quota extension on the Spotify Developer Platform and all Spotify APIs stopped working for our app after approval. The app worked perfectly fine in developer mode and works if we switch the client ID to another account...

• Regular
  • We were recently approved for a quota extension on the Spotify Developer Platform and all Spotify APIs stopped working for our app after approval. The app worked perfectly fine in developer mode...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Quota Extension
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Usage purpose permission of WebAPI

I want to analysis the song's parameters of WebAPI (valence ,danceability...)and present its result at a study group.Could you tell me that this using purpose is permitted? Example:Comparing some artists' songs , I infer the logic of parameters.Radio...

• I want to analysis the song's parameters of WebAPI (valence ,danceability...)and present its result at a study group. Could you tell me that this using purpose is permitted?   Example: Compa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums Added to Library Via API Not Appearing In Desktop/Mobile Apps, Only Web App

I have quite a large collection of music files that I've accumulated over the years and it's been on my to-do list for quite some time to sit down and automate the collection of the album metadata and then the adding of those albums to my Spotify lib...

• I have quite a large collection of music files that I've accumulated over the years and it's been on my to-do list for quite some time to sit down and automate the collection of the album metadata an...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Get a User's Available Devices does not show iPhone

Hi there, I'm doing some testing using a free account, trying to utilize Get a User's Available Devices in an app. In both the app and here (the try it page), I can see the Mac where I have installed the Spotify macOS app; however, I cannot see the i...

• Hi there,   I'm doing some testing using a free account, trying to utilize Get a User's Available Devices in an app.   In both the app and here (the try it page), I can see the Mac...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Get Access token without user interaction?

So this has been bothering me for the longest. I’ve created a script using the Spotipy library. I’m collecting data on my most recently played tracks. Everything is fine except refreshing the access token. I have a bit of code which returns the token...

• So this has been bothering me for the longest. I’ve created a script using the Spotipy library. I’m collecting data on my most recently played tracks.   Everything is fine except refreshing th...
  • Peter_Schorn
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • access token
    api
    Discussion
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Trying to fix my "Liked Songs" playlist

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDevicePython scriptOperating SystemLinux My Question or IssueI have an issue with my "Liked Songs" playlist where thousands of songs where liked by a bug in spotify pre-2019. I am trying to use spotipy (But if the python libra...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Python script Operating System Linux   My Question or Issue I have an issue with my "Liked Songs" playlist where thousands of songs where liked by a ...
  • fabquenneville
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Liked Songs Playlist
    Spotipy
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Question about storing public spotify playlists on databases

Hi Spotify team!I am developing a webapp that uses spotify's playlist creation functionality.... Would I violate any Spotify policy if I store the ID of public playlists created using my webapp for future references? I would obviously inform the user...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Spotify team! I am developing a webapp that uses spotify's playlist creation functionality.... Would I violate any Spotify policy if I store the ID of public playlists created using my webapp f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Community][Developer] A=There B=Sí C=Do D=Reverse E=Mi F=F G=Sol

I use a lot to see the lyrics and to play harmonica I need to open another app to get the numbers and tabs. To be complete, Spotify needs to bring the number together in the songs, this for each different type of instrument, we have an example the cl...

• Casual Listener
  • I use a lot to see the lyrics and to play harmonica I need to open another app to get the numbers and tabs. To be complete, Spotify needs to bring the number together in the songs, this for each diff...
  • kesia
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Developer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes