Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• pkrds
  • Regular
  • 137 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 137 replies
  • 20 likes

Error in postman calling api/token endpoint

Building a collection in postman based off https://blog.postman.com/generate-spotify-playlists-using-a-postman-collection/ Followed all the steps to build this out. Once I run the collection, I get the following error (pasted above). Why am I getting...

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 6.31.24 pm.png
  •   Building a collection in postman based off https://blog.postman.com/generate-spotify-playlists-using-a-postman-collection/   Followed all the steps to build this out. Once I run t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api token
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Display my user specific data and request user access for web playback?

PlanPremiumCountryUSOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIs it feasible to have a website that displays my own user specific data (such as my top artists/tracks) but also incorporates the web playback sdk and allows a user (browsing the web...

• Plan Premium Country US Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Is it feasible to have a website that displays my own user specific data (such as my top artists/tracks) but al...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug in time duration display after latest update

PlanPremiumCountry Device Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThere seem to be a bug in the new update with the song duration displaying NaN:NaN on both sides of the song progress bar. This occurred directly of the update today when now so...

• Plan Premium Country   Device   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue There seem to be a bug in the new update with the song duration displaying    &...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

personalization all-time vs long-term

Premium, US lol is it just me or did the get users top tracks/artists: long-term used to return the users top tracks/artist of all-time but now just from the past few years? (i feel like something must have changed because Waving Through a Window was...

• Premium, US   lol is it just me or did the get users top tracks/artists: long-term used to return the users top tracks/artist of all-time but now just from the past few years?    (...
  • cristiangiann
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Get Typical Distributions for Audio Features

I am doing a data analysis of my Spotify listening data for 2020. I got the audio features for each track (acousticness, danceability, etc...) and plot the distribution for each feature using seaborn.I would like to compare these distribution plots t...

• Visitor
  • I am doing a data analysis of my Spotify listening data for 2020. I got the audio features for each track (acousticness, danceability, etc...) and plot the distribution for each feature using seaborn...
  • geef
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    Python
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Album Embed not playing correctly

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10, Chrome Browser My Question or Issue We have noticed an issue with the album embed affecting users who are logged in with a Spotify Premium account. Occasionally, after the widget has ...

• Plan Premium Country Australia Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10, Chrome Browser   My Question or Issue   We have noticed an issue with the album embed affecting users wh...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing songs

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiPhone XS MaxOperating SystemiOS 14.4 My Question or IssueSo many of my favourite korean songs/playlists seem not working normal as I see empty titles or missing songs that existed a few days ago and now they're gone bla...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone XS Max Operating System iOS 14.4   My Question or Issue So many of my favourite korean songs/playlists seem not working normal as I see empty ...
  • serpencexalloid
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Risk of exposing app security key on frontend

Hello,I want to use the app private and secret keys on a frontend page to retrieve some playlist data via API.Is there any risk of exposing the app secret key on frontend?If yes - what can somebody do if he knows my secret key?Thanks in advance.

• Hello, I want to use the app private and secret keys on a frontend page to retrieve some playlist data via API. Is there any risk of exposing the app secret key on frontend? If yes - what can some...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api oauth
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I urgently need approval from Spotify to make an app

Some context first: I'm a student doing the IB (international baccalaureate), a part of the computer science course involves building your own program. So my idea, was to make a Spotify trivia game, where the app would take information from Spotify l...

• Regular
  • ...ays I can ask for approval.   So Spotify, do I have you're approval? The app will not be a commercial product and will not be distributed anywhere online or publicly, just between me, my t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Bug] Broken Anchor Tag in Web API Reference

https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/ The User API link on the left navigation is broken on the webpage.The link on the navigation pane either needs to be changed to "category-users-profile" or the header's ID needs to be cha...

ROXASBrandon_0-1614721614810.png ROXASBrandon_1-1614721654374.png ROXASBrandon_2-1614721694537.png
  • Casual Listener
  • https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/   The User API link on the left navigation is broken on the webpage. The link on the navigation pane either needs to b...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Are recommendations sorted?

PlanPremiumCountryNL My Question or IssueAre the recommendations based on seed song/artist/genre (only, i.e. no other parameters) ordered on relevancy or are they sorted randomly? In the reference documents they state this about the RecommendationsOb...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country NL   My Question or Issue Are the recommendations based on seed song/artist/genre (only, i.e. no other parameters) ordered on relevancy or are they sorted randoml...
  • qegqeg
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Commercial License Request

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueOn December 02,2020, I completed an application for a commercial license from Spotify. I prov...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue On Dece...
  • Mitchkelly8
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

follow button developer website down

Hey there!I am trying to develop a follow button that's linked to my Spotify profile. The Developer website that should be able to do it (https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/widgets/generate/follow-button/) is just loading a black screen for ...

• Hey there! I am trying to develop a follow button that's linked to my Spotify profile. The Developer website that should be able to do it (https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/widgets/generat...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Issues with Recommendations API?

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenOperating System(iOS 14, Windows 10)My Question or IssueHey!I'm working mainly with the recommendations and track APIs. Today, when I picked up my project, all of a sudden some recommendations requests does not return any reco...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Operating System (iOS 14, Windows 10) My Question or Issue Hey! I'm working mainly with the recommendations and track APIs. Today, when I picked up my project,...
  • Dxphii
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there a way to like and dislike individual tracks via the API?

When I listen to the Release Radar or the Weekly Discovery playlists, I am able to either "Like" or "Dislike" individual tracks. I would like those features to become available through the API. My end goal is to re-map keyboard shortcuts to be able t...

• When I listen to the Release Radar or the Weekly Discovery playlists, I am able to either "Like" or "Dislike" individual tracks.   I would like those features to become available through the A...
  • ktuli44
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! What am I doing wrong? I have applied for commercialization of an app but have not heard anything.

PlanPremiumMy Question or IssueI have a website (non-monetized at the moment), that creates playlists for swing dancers. It is called http://easypeasyplaylist.com. I have created an app in the developer.spotify.com and applied December 2019. However,...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium My Question or Issue I have a website (non-monetized at the moment), that creates playlists for swing dancers. It is called http://easypeasyplaylist.com.   I have created an ...
  • alsc
  • Gig Goer
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Can I do this legally?

I want to build a niche database, but it would require me importing The names of all Artists, Albums, and Tracks and saving them so I have the references separately without hitting the API every time I need them. Is this a violation or not? I'm tryin...

• I want to build a niche database, but it would require me importing The names of all Artists, Albums, and Tracks and saving them so I have the references separately without hitting the API every time...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Data Storage
    legal
    Terms of Service
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Quick Start with iOS 14/SwiftUI

Operating System: iOS 14; Device: iPhone Hi there, I'm just getting started with figuring out how to integrate Spotify API into iOS 14 / Swift UI. However, I especially had a few troubles with Obj-C Linker Flag and AppDelegate which isn't available i...

• Operating System: iOS 14; Device: iPhone   Hi there, I'm just getting started with figuring out how to integrate Spotify API into iOS 14 / Swift UI. However, I especially had a few troubles wi...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

No statistics on Dashboard

Hello,I've been working on an Android application for 5 years now (Originally using the now discontinued API). It only requests Album Art of currently playing songs. Yet, my Dashboard still shows"No data available.Check back when you've made somerequ...

• Hello, I've been working on an Android application for 5 years now (Originally using the now discontinued API). It only requests Album Art of currently playing songs. Yet, my Dashboard still shows ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • dashboard
    Statistics
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

encoding/format of audio stream

Hi, I'm working on a React Native app for iOS and Android which interfaces to Spotify's API, and would like to make an animated logo which moves according to certain frequencies of the audio being streamed (e.g. a low-pass filter). I've got a library...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm working on a React Native app for iOS and Android which interfaces to Spotify's API, and would like to make an animated logo which moves according to certain frequencies of the audio being st...
  • murraypaul
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • streaming
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes