Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Developer] One click follow button

[iOS][Developer] One click follow button

I think having one button so that people can automatically follow your page from an outside app or website without having to go to spotify first and click "follow" would be really great for artists. That way they can come back and find you later in case they don't have time to load the app or log on. I understand the purpose of having them HAVE to go to your profile is to get more eyes on spotify (better for them) but it's better for artists to be able to one click follow from anywhere. It would be really helpful with ad marketing too. 

1 Reply

You can use the web API to do this. You still need to authenticate the user once; then, you can have a one-click button that can add the user as a follower of an artist/user.

Remember, Spotify needs to know one way or another who the current user is. Your app can't just magically determine that.

I understand the purpose of having them HAVE to go to your profile is to get more eyes on spotify

That's not the only reason. The Spotify app is opened in order to authenticate the user.

Suggested posts