Plan:

Premium

Pakistan

Device:

iPhone X, Desktop

Operating System:

IOS 14, 15.1.1, Windows 10, Windows 11

My Question or Issue:

For the last two days I’ve been trying to pay for students premium package for which I’m verified as a registered student but I’m unable to do so. Once I proceed with the payment, it says “Payment Failed” (PFA). I’ve made sure to go through all the troubleshooting process. I’ve used different cards of different banks, I’ve tried to pay on different devices on different networks, I’ve even tried using different browsers but nothing seems to work. 

Yesterday I contacted the support team and the chat continued for almost 15+ minutes where I was redirected to a higher support level multiple times but still had no idea that what exactly was going wrong (The support team tried their best to resolve this issue).

According to the bank, they say there are no issues at their end. I think that Pakistani debit cards are not supported somehow.

Note: I’m using the same card with which I pay for other subscriptions monthly including Netflix.

18FD15C8-3D37-4B34-A097-A1DDCE3BA28D.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @SheikhAhmed1920,

Thanks for your reply.

We're happy to hear that you were able to get your subscription with another payment method. Spotify is always aiming to improve its features so we hope you’ll continue to use it and find it gets better in the future. 

Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi @SheikhAhmed1920,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting!

Great troubleshooting so far. As long as your card is enabled to make international recurring payments, you should be able to sign up for Premium. 

If you've tried to make the payment several times during the last two days, we suggest you wait 24 hours before trying again from this link.

It's also worth trying with a different payment method, this way we can narrow down the issue.

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator

After trying for more than 48 hours I just paid with mobile billing that
forced me to pay a bit more due to taxes while It could’ve been a lot
easier with a debit card. As far as International banking is concerned,
I’ve made sure that it is enabled on both of my cards. Somehow it’s the
debit cards that are causing the issues as many people have complained
about it. It would be much appreciated if the team looks into this issue
and make sure that Pakistani debit cards are accepted to avoid
inconveniences.

Thank you for the support.
Marked as solution

Hey @SheikhAhmed1920,

Thanks for your reply.

We're happy to hear that you were able to get your subscription with another payment method. Spotify is always aiming to improve its features so we hope you’ll continue to use it and find it gets better in the future. 

Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Kiril Moderator

Suggested posts