Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Credit Card transaction description

Credit Card transaction description

What does the spotify premium subscription charge appear as on my credit card? There's nothing which appears as Spotify and the only item around the price of the spotify subscription looks dodgy. 

13 Replies

It appears on my transactions as "Spotify Premium UK CD ****" although I have been it being called a wide variety of names here on the community. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

ByronCon - It should have 'Spotify Premium UK' in there somewhere, what's it appearing as on your statement?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I believe it's coming through as "premium x 1 541 premium"

ByronCon - That should be ok.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Is there a way this can be changed to something more descriptive? It's a cause for concern each time I see it and I can't imagine this being any clearer in the future if I ever review prior bills.

It isn't OK, Sam. Why does it not Show Spotify in the name? many people would understandably suspect fraud as it sounds very dodgy to see a payment to "Premium X 1 541 Premium".

I wouldn't blam anyone for being suspicious of that. 

Why does it not clearly say spotify?

It is weird, my bank statements clearly say Spotify as posted above, so it must change depending on some other factor?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It may be different in different countries. 

we get the "Premium X 1 541 Premium AU" in Australia. Others have commented for similar in other jurisdictions. I'm glad you have "Spotify" in your statekments. Some of us don't. I think that was the point.

J

Hi....my canadian acct shows up on my card as Spotify Stockho....here I thought cause Ive paid way back and I again am back I was a stockholder...duhh me...am I to assume headquaters is still situated in sweden

My Statement shows SPOTIFY STOCKHOLM. Looks like scam

Mine is showing up as Greenwich St starting this month. Thought it was a scam. Why was it changed?

Mine doesn’t even say Spotify. It says UGLB Amsterdam. Nothing about Spotify. Very sketch….

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We advise you to compare the text, the dates and the amount of the charges with the ones from your receipts page on your account page in a web browser. If they don't match, reach out to our support team through one of those channels. They can investigate further.

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts