Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I cancel the premium on Spotify?

Solved!

How do I cancel the premium on Spotify?

I need help. Ugh!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

To cancel your subscription just follow these steps:

1. Log into spotify.com/account
  2. Under Your plan, click CHANGE PLAN.
  3. Scroll to Spotify Free and click CANCEL PREMIUM.

Your Premium stays until your next billing date, then your account switches to free.

You keep your playlists and saved music when your account is free. You can also still log in and play with ads.

More info in this article.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

54 Replies

Hello @gruw77,Welcome to the community! 🙂

To unsubscribe from premium follow these steps:

Canceling your subscription reverts your account to the Free level.

1. Log in to your account page.
        2. Click Subscription in the menu on the left.
        3. Click CHANGE OR CANCEL.
        4. Click CANCEL PREMIUM.
        5. Click YES, CANCEL. Your account page now shows the date you’ll return to the Free service. We hope you decide to upgrade again!

Note: If you cancel the student discount, you won’t be able to apply it to another account until its 12-month verification period expires.

You can also cancel by completing this form and sending it to Spotify.

Your subscription page now shows the date you will revert to our Free ad-based service. We hope you decide to upgrade again!

Feel free to check out this page to cancel or change your subcription.

Note: If you subscribed through any other company than Spotify, you need to contact that company to cancel. If your subscription is through iTunes, please see Apple's instructions for canceling.

I hope this helped! 🙂

Hi, at one time I did the trial for the premium membership and I am assuming last month that my trial is over because I have been getting charged the $9.99 fee per month. My problem is that I try to go to subscriptions as directed to cancel my subscription but according to that page I am on a FREE account. I cannot cancel and this charge has cost me 2 months of overdraft fees because they hit my account before my direct deposit. I want to cancel but I do not see how to do that on an account that is listed free. I need help to cancel this mistake so that it doesn't happen again but I cant see to find a number or anything to contact spotify. HELP ME PLEASE!

Hello @user-removed, Welcome to the community! 🙂

Lets troubleshoot this with you 🙂

OK so first, could you try logging in using Facebook, and checking to see if that account has premium and if you can cancel then?

If this doesn't help, just shoot me a message here and well get you sorted! 🙂

My premium subscription is through spark, but I need to cancel it by 31st october for a new promotion. How can I cancel my subscription? I've already changed mobile plans with spark.

Hello @Sanguine666, Welcome to the community! 🙂

I think you may have to cancel through Spark, but ill explain how to cancel anyway, So if this doesnt work just speak to Spark 🙂

To unsubscribe from premium follow these steps:

Canceling your subscription reverts your account to the Free level.

1. Go to the subscription page. (Note: If you don’t know your password, go here to reset it.)
      2. Under Subscription and payment, click cancel your subscription.User-added image
      3. Select a reason (select Other reasons if you're canceling for a promotion). Click CONTINUE.
      4. Click CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION.
      5. Enter your password in the password field. Click CANCEL SPOTIFY PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION.

Your subscription page now shows the date you will revert to our Free ad-based service. We hope you decide to upgrade again!

Note: If you subscribed through any other company than Spotify, you need to contact that company to cancel. If your subscription is through iTunes, please see Apple's instructions for canceling.

I hope this helped! 🙂

Where is the subscription page?

Hi i subscribed today for the .99 for 3 months premium to be bill at my starhub account, but turns out i had been sent a receipt of 11sgd for 1 month premium. Please help! Thanks!
Screenshot_20170608-223111.png

I am being charged $10.81 monthly but when I log in to Spotify to cancel my account says that I'm on the "free" subscription. How is $10.81 monthly free? I need to cancel this fee. Someone please help.

I no longer want Spotify Premium

I dont want it no more

I want to cancel Spotify

How do I cancel the premium on spotify

This is ridiculous!! There's no way to cancel it.. I have followed those steps and I cannot find "change or cancel" button one I click on Subscription. As many of you have said, for me it also shows that I've got free subscription! Frustrating and ilegal

This is impossible to cancel. What a terrible business model! I have to cancel my credit card to get out of this

I have the same problem: unable to cancel subscription!!! It's awful how Spotify is hunting for some profit! I'm attaching screenshot (the same is on the desktop version of the website).
Screenshot_2017-08-31-01-51-08-788_com.android.chrome.png

on my facebook my account is junior Herman stevenson new account I start just a few week I able handle two account thank you for you understanding

on my facebook my account is junior Herman stevenson new account I start just a few week I able handle two account thank you for you understanding

I need to stop the payment on the account that in juniorstevenson87@gmail I don't have th account aymore

No i dont want my acount anymore

Suggested posts