Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My partner cannot join my Duo plan

My partner cannot join my Duo plan

My partner is trying to join my Spotify Duo plan. She just moved from Germany to Sweden. We made sure her country is switched to Sweden in her account as well.

The error message we get:

Wir konnten nicht bestätigen, dass du mit der Person zusammenwohnst, die dieses Premium Abo verwaltet. Du kannst in 12 Monaten wieder dem Abo einer anderen Person beitreten.

Or, loosely translated:

> We couldn't confirm that you live together with the person who manages this Premium subscription. You can join the subscription of another person again in 12 months.

Why? And why the 12 months restriction, where does that come from? She just had her own premium sub before, which she cancelled so we could share the Duo sub.

1 Reply

Hi there @thomaswa,

Thanks for reaching out. This error is means that your partner has already switched between one Family/Duo plan and another. To prevent misuse of these subscriptions, this can only be done once per 12 months. Until this time elapses, she can remain with the previous owner. If she really wasn't ever a member of another Family/Duo plan, then she can reach out to our support team, they can check for any other reasons this might be happening.

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts